Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ronnie the pommys diary using common law

common law diary lawful

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Yes we do have unpleasant neighbours. For our first 5 year's we had absolutely loads of objection letter's sent to the council each time we put in an application, one of them would write novels against us, well about 30 page's long!! Then that neighbour moved away, about 250 miles away and we were so happy, then we put in another application and the first objection letter sent to the council was from him!!! Then we had a council meeting and he drove all the way down to object.
I am a local here, in fact I grew up on the farm and all the locals support us, it was just the wealthy incomers who objected.
None of our neighbours live that close to us, the closest is about 500 meters away with fields and hedges between us.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The twin unit hasn't been put together yet but as soon as it is I will post the photos on here

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Bloody hell Ronnie..what an @rse! If you had time and were an evil vindictive basket like him I'd suggest you find what he's up to...and object! But I'm sure you're not, and you haven't so I'm rooting for you to be able to stick two fingers up and say nah,nah,na-na, nah when you have your land as YOU want it. Keep going!

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thanks guy's, the neighbours did use to get us down when we kept being refused with all our applications..... but now we're going down the common law route l feel empowered, I just saw one of our objectors drive past us a little earlier and I smiled and waved to them as I have always done, but this time they drove past, looking firmly ahead, I guess they're not too happy with all the activities going on at the farm!

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The mobile is now finally starting to go together, hopefully it will be finished by the end of tomorrow.

Attached Files

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The mobile home has now been properly connected together, now to connect to the gas, electricity, water and septic tank.
Also expecting two shipping containers to arrive before the end of the day.

Attached Files

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
On Monday we received a phone call from our local authorities enforcement officer, Peter Lean, I wasn't there to receive the call so Chris spoke to him and he informed Chris that he would be coming up to the farm in the next few days as he had been made aware that "a breach of planning may have occurred on the farm". Chris told him that he shouldn't come up and advised him to read the notices that had been sent to his CEO.
This morning while Chris was at the farm the enforcement officer came walking down our lane, so Chris quickly phoned me and then started recording the whole thing. I got there about 5 minutes later and told him that he didn't have the authority to be on the farm, he of cause denied this but admitted that he had seen the NO TRESPASS sign at the gate onto the property. He believed that he had authority over that, and informed me that for me to deny access for him to come on my land was a criminal offence, which I told him it was a criminal offence for him to come onto my land without my permission.
He took some photos without my permission, then talked a lot before leaving the site. He was there for a good 40 minutes trying to pressure me into answering questions which I kept telling him, if he wants to ask these question's, put it in writing and I will respond that way, he said that's not going to happen, or words to that affect.
It will be interesting to see what their next move is, but it is very clear to me that they really haven't got a clue what to make of the notices. Watch this space.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I will be keeping the video for future use, I am not going to call the police at this point, but I have him saying his name on the video right near the beginning of it. I knew who he was anyway as he has been visiting us on and off over planning for the past 7 years.

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Well that's kind of my point. This man has been harrasing you for so long now but you have done nothing about it as far as stopping it is concerned.

All i am suggesting is that you report the incidents to make it official in the eyes of the law. The common law! You are stating for and on the record that at a certain point, that chap harrased you and you didnt like it, so you are reporting the incident in case it happens again.

Nothing will come of that report other than it now being on the record. Let he who is innocent make a stand and say so. Let those that are wrong stay quiet.

You are just making it public, thats all.

Think of it this way; A man walks in to the same pub as you. He proclaims that you owe him a tenner. Everyone hears. But you say nothing. The next day it happens again. You say nout.
It happens like this for a week.
Then on the second week, the man comes to your door and with a few blokes from the pub, he says that he wants his money.
It will be harder for you to now prove your innocence in front of all of the others.

So make the stand on the first day. Or if not the first, then as soon as you can.

Sometimes, when a claim is made, I will go out of my way to clear my good name.

You probably know all that anyway.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Tom
Thanks for your advice, I do appreciate it and see what you are saying.
I will check what LN thinks, I am sure that my evidence on the video will be very useful soon as I have already sent the council 4 notices plus one copyright notice copyrighting my name for £1000,000.
These notices pretty much cover me so I'm well protected, the council just hasn't realised how much yet.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am about to send a letter to the enforcement officer over his unlawful entry onto my land, I will put more about it in a couple of days once I know he has received it.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
As I said in the previous post, I was about to send a notice to the enforcement officer over his unlawful entry onto my land, well that was sent yesterday with a bill for £20,000, I also (to be reasonable to him) told him that I wouldn't enforce it if he didn't contact me in anyway at all or come back onto my land.....well he received the notice and bill today and what was the first thing he did on receiving it....... you've guessed it he phoned me and left a message on the answer phone acknowledging that he has received the notice and demanding that I send him the video that Chris made while he was trespassing on my land!!!!!!

I think he is going to have a rather stressful summer this year, watch this space!!!

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
He cant make demands on you. You dont have to show him the footage untill you are at the court stage where the hearing indicates all of the evidance from both sides and your opponents might request it then or before.

But this is all about honour. You could ask him to stop calling you from this point or stop making demands when he does. You ARE willing to solve the problem and this shows this.

You might invite him to see your footage on your premises but you have no LEGAL or lawfull obligation to give him a copy at all.

The man is trying to make you think that he has the upper hand. HE DOES NOT. You have made the claim and its up to you to resolve the peace or solve the claim in your court.

He might contact you via his work place. Use this as evidence of harrasment and bullying of the council while you are taking civil court action with a private individual.

Dont ignore his advances. Record them all on paper to and submit those as evidence if it is benifitial to you. Certainty call the police if he advances on you with menaces. Every time! If he is a dirt wad and still tries it on then get your evidence together and get an injunction against him.

Yes, its kinda jumping from legal to lawfull but you CAN use their system too you know.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thanks Tom
I really have no doubt that he is taking the p**s and I will be acting on it. I have recorded the message he left on my phone yesterday on the computer as evidence and I am keeping all evidence of harassment from the council for future evidence and bills against them, I have had it up to the eyeballs with their bullying and it is now time to put a stop to it.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am trying to put down in my diary what has happened on the farm using common law, and what the council's response is without giving too much away of what my next move is, it can be difficult sometimes as what I write can sometimes be read between the lines to a certain degree.
I am just very keen to show other people on this forum how it's working for me to help anyone else here who is thinking of taking the same route in the future.
I also want to say thanks for everyone's support, encouragement and help.

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

A couple of questions.  I assume the anti trespass notice you sent to the CEO is the document LN has shared on this forum previously.  My understanding reading above is that it is the individual that is liable not the council, hence you have issued a bill to the enforcement officer himself directly for the £20k.  I guess the officer thinks he is acting with authority and on behalf of the council so when he gets a bill to himself personally (presumably sent c/o the council) it is designed to make him think twice.

Why is the sum of £20k picked?  How can this sum be justified?  My logic behind this is with parking tickets say on private land one of the arguments is that the body is only entitled to what they would have lost through not being able to rent the space whilst you occupied it to another.  So if it was £1/hour parking they are only entitled to their loss being £1.  And if it's a free carpark (say 2 hours) then as it's free there is no loss.  So in court how would you justify a £20k bill?

If you took it to court which court would it be?  I assumed it would be issued in the County Court, but they have a £5k limit for small claims though some simpler larger value cases do stay within the County Court system, this doesn't sound like a simply case, so being £20k would then surely go to the next court (High?).  Would it keep it simpler if the bill was for £5k because this would keep it at a simpler more affordable level.  Or does it need to go to a higher court with more understanding of the claim?  Or is it a completely different court system you would use.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I have been told by LN that he is going to talk with BA his business partner about what the next move should be, at this point I am not sure exactly what I will be doing, also it isn't a good idea to give too much away over my next move until it's been done.

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Anything to report on this ronnie? Been a while now

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I will be able to report very soon, things have been quiet lately, but there will be things to report on in the next couple of weeks.....

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Go get em Ronnie! All rooting for you..and hoping to follow suit in the near future

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: common law, diary, lawful