Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ronnie the pommys diary using common law

common law diary lawful

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

noxskuses

noxskuses

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I have now received a letter from their solicitor who has made it clear that he wants me to respond to it with the sentence "there are some points made in your letter which in my view require clarification."

I have to say Ronnie that I don't read that statement as a clear request to reply. It seems to state to me that they are simply clarifying their position with you.

Sending them a bill for over a grand will certainly make them stand up & take notice though :)

I look forward to the next installment.

Was the invoice the only correspondence you sent them at this stage?

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Hi noxskuses.

I did also send a reply to the council in response to Pinneys letter. He obviously did not understand the previous notice, so he needed to be put straight. They also needed to realise that from now on, any correspondence they want to have with me will cost them and the best way to avoid costs it to leave me alone from now on, I have made it clear that I no longer wish to do business with them anymore.

noxskuses

noxskuses

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Any chance we could see your response as well Ronnie?

This is better than Eastenders :)

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I would put my response to the council up here if it was written by me, but as LN actually wrote it for me it is up to LN to agree to it being shown.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Suspected Planner

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
RtP Even if, in some strange way, you had some sort of contractural relationship with the Council to which this all related, I don't see how the Council would owe you money simply by replying to correspondence that you started. If there were any logic to this at all it would be that they would be sending you bills for the unnecessary work you have caused them.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Suspected Planner

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Yes in the sense of group of people elected, in general, to govern a district.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Wiseowl, I haven't asked the council to respond to the last notice, in fact it was made very plain that I did NOT wish them to respond but if they did, then it would cost them. They decided to respond with the knowledge that I would be charging them, so its only fair that I send them a bill. If the council had written to me before I sent them any of the notices and they told me that I would be charged if I did respond, then I would expect to be charged if I wrote to them as they had given me fair warning. It cuts both ways.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

The council are trustees for the people, councils are there to serve the people not to dictate to the people.

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Yes, they are acting on behalf of everyone else in the region that doesn't want uncontrolled development :)

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

If the councils don't want development on any land they should buy it, then they can do whatever they want with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Exactly Tottenham, and I am sure the council would then build like crazy on the land as all they see is how much money they can make, they would not be too worried about protecting the land if they owned it, where as the likes of myself and most of the people on this forum just want to live peacefully on their farms where their farm business is.

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

If the councils don't want development on any land they should buy it, then they can do whatever they want with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then our council tax would be a lot higher :P

I am in the same boat, we want to live on our plot, i'm just also of the opinion that i don't want blocks of flats or ridiculous mansions springing up next to us

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Suspected Planner

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Councils are, for better or worse, bodies acting as elected representatives of the people, under the leglistative authority that the public at large, represented through Parliamentary democracy, want them to exercise. We can't individually choose to opt out of their legislative powers by unilaterally asserting that some form of contract law applies to us instead.

In any event, even where contracts do exist between parties, one party can't unilaterally impose unreasonable demands on the other. That would have to be the conclusion in respect of reading this correspondence - there is nothing that warrants the sort of charges claimed in the invoice.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Wiseowl, here is a link to my corporation/ company council 'West Somerset Council' on the Dun and Bradstreet's international company checker.  https://creditreport...&state=&zip=TA4 4QA&country=GB

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

In the previous notices it was made very clear that as from the third notice, any correspondence from the council would be charged at £350  

per occurrence, and or per individual per item. I do NOT want to do business any more with the council, but if they want to question me it will cost them, its their choice.

I am not causing them any loss at all if they just leave me alone, its very simple. The problem is, they are a bit like a nosy neighbour, they just can't bare to leave me alone in peace, they can't resist sticking their noses in my business and it is causing me loss of my time and unnecessary stress, so from now on, if they want to harass me it will come at a cost.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Suspected Planner

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Dun and Bradstreet as the authority for this?

RationalWiki  says:
"Freemen are typically strongly anti-government and believe that the government is a "corporation" (number uc2279443).[40] Their proof is that the
government and various parts of it were listed on the website of credit agency Dunn and Bradstreet under "corporations" as having a credit record.[41][27]

In reality, any entity (corporation, government, individual person, charity or whatever) that borrows money or works on credit will have a credit record so
that creditors can assess the risk of lending. Nor are credit agencies the arbiters of what is and isn't a corporation. The idiosyncrasies of how a credit rating
organisation's website lists entities are not evidence for outrageous claims".

Councils do have business dealings, of course,  such as entering into various contracts for delivery of services, but their role with individuals in relation to Planning operates  under their Statutory powers, not under contract with those individuals.

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests

Dun and Bradstreet as the authority for this?

RationalWiki says:
"Freemen are typically strongly anti-government and believe that the government is a "corporation" (number uc2279443).[40] Their proof is that the
government and various parts of it were listed on the website of credit agency Dunn and Bradstreet under "corporations" as having a credit record.[41][27]

In reality, any entity (corporation, government, individual person, charity or whatever) that borrows money or works on credit will have a credit record so
that creditors can assess the risk of lending. Nor are credit agencies the arbiters of what is and isn't a corporation. The idiosyncrasies of how a credit rating
organisation's website lists entities are not evidence for outrageous claims".

Councils do have business dealings, of course, such as entering into various contracts for delivery of services, but their role with individuals in relation to Planning operates under their Statutory powers, not under contract with those individuals.

I simply can not let the Owl get away with this non sense. You seem to have an aversion for FACTS.

You are quoting someones OPINION on Wiki.

Owl look at the FACTS.

At Dun and Bradstreet you will also find let's say "North Yorkshire Police" also traded as " North Yorks Police" what part of 'trading as' can you not comprehend. It's been in the news recently that certain Police forces could go 'bust'
All councils are corporations. All have a CEO. on ALL of THEIR paperwork it refers to US as CUSTOMERS. We PAY them for their SERVICE.... It's pretty obvious for those that have eyes to see.

Rather like the definition of Statute from the Law dictionary the owl choses to look over the facts. "The words bill and law are frequently used synonymously with ACT but Incorrectly" (Blacks Law 4th Edition)

to someone like the Owl who's carrer depends on statutes I'd imagine the above FACTS to be a bitter pill to swallow. Hence the lunacy of ignoring what is blatantly clear.

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests
I will go further and tell you all this

Statutes refer to, and apply ONLY to Persons,

For those of you keen on research get some OLD law books and do a good long bit of research on what the Legal Society define as a 'Person'

It may amaze you. It did me.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Here is a website with downloads for Blacks law dictionaries with a number of editions, along with a lot of other useful information to do with common law  http://adventuresint...and-word-magic/

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests
One 'proviso' to the above

Generally speaking the older the book you use to research words etc the closer you will get to that words true meaning.

With Blacks law Dictionaries after the 4th Edition the common law starts to be left out of the definitions. We are now up to the tenth Edition and the definitions are not as substantial as the 4th and there's very little common law references.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: common law, diary, lawful