Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

John and helens journey

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

jsprince

jsprince

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

J+h

Sorry to be dense but have they given you a refusal for barn because I think if you did it under the 28 day notice they have left it to late, as you were going to put in planning app on the 30th Dec.  Or do you mean the track?

Js

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

they where very canny, they left it till mid january to say, i had written outside the box, and the polytunnel could not be counted, unless all items where inside the box, this of course, would cost another 80 pounds, then they dropped the bombshell, that the track will need to come under another PD form…costing another 80 pounds, so they let me write out the 1st application again, to include the polytunnel, they put a start date of the 29th of january

i had put, the track will be with in 25 mts….of a  road, they told me they checked, and it was not a classified road….happy days…until the planning officer said it was a class C road

i made a major mistake, on the barn…and i should have known better..i added for lambing and kidding….that is a big NO NO…. i asked to withdraw the application, the planning officer said this is not possible…IT IS…..its still within the 28 days, i will update tomorrow, as other people are now involved

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

why do you get a smiley when you put the numbers eighty

jsprince

jsprince

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thats just not fair, if the box isnt big enough thats their fault, it's their form!

They all seem to have there own tricks about these things dont they.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

the way to get over….scan form, so now you have a copy on your screen, select a writing programme , select size of writing, number 12 does it well, fill out form…sorted

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

ok..managed to withdraw the applications, the barn has been rewritten , that is going in on a 28 day…NO EXTRA FEE

due to the lay of the land, the track is being looked into, there are not many options, but there are many reasons to have this track under animal welfare, this will more than likely have to come under full planning, due to its location, and distance to the class C road ..its a grey area in which the consultant is looking, and also looking at what regulations would support the reason…i.e. animal welfare, health and safety, 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

its been a busy few weeks , sorting things, and not just my life…anyway, the digger has had new tyres, thats made hell of a difference,

I had to see the Doctor, because a lump appeared on my gonads  :prankster: but that was a bonus,,,beautiful young female Doctor with a body like a Goddess  :nyam: well worth the worry. ended up being all clear , so that was good news

so..a few good days of sunshine, had us getting on, 

DSCF1261_zps02uznrgz.jpg

soon be ready for the membrane then sub base

DSCF1272_zpspg4ptdpo.jpg

H found the resident Tree man 

DSCF1246_zpsldj3m8n1.jpg

whilst the dog was enjoying the stream 

DSCF1253_zpsldsl72zt.jpg

DSCF1255_zpsbqmrlrmo.jpg

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Lovely day today, we have actually started the fencing, after finding 6ft  x 4-6 inch chestnut posts,

we took our time to make sure everything was level and straight, and just loved it…ok, i know a contractor would knock them out in no time, but i want to understand fencing, anyway..struts and strainers going in on the weekend, 

DSCF1277_zpsas00y9s4.jpg

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

So we received the official email telling us we can now build our Barn, which is nice……in fact, its a great feeling, 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

just a little off topic, 

caught this yesterday, 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Having a great time fencing, my gawd, you can learn so much when you do things by hand, the different depths of top soil, and the different PH levels from each area, we have been taking soil samples,

lucky for us, the area's that are stoney, are almost with in a couple of feet, the place we want to use as a track, 

the main entrance has been a bit of a problem, due to weather, a few days of good dry weather , will enable us to compact, then stick a membrane down and then put a good 200mm of good sub base down…we have also moved the main gate, 18ft back….and have made the entrance from 12ft to 16ft

well pleased with the chestnut posts, they are setting well, and should create a great looking rustic fence, the strainers are also going in well…its a lot slower by hand, but its a great way in understanding, whats below….

a few things have had to have a re-think, where as when you have flat land, a gate will open both ways, on a slope, the choice is made for you, unless you buy rising hinges...

the local farmers are being very helpful with great advice and back up, which is fantastic, as are the locals, 

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

How would the PD on the road be seperate?  I thought one of the conditions of a PD was that nothing had been built within 90 metres within 2 years, so if you have the PD on the barn presumably the road goes to the barn and is therefore within 90 metres...  Meaning the second application would need to be a full application - unless you laid a temp surface like a concrete railway sleeper road - farmers put those in as cattle tracks and all sorts, never seen permission applied for but then as they are forklifted into place they would be temp and moveable as can be uplifted at any point in time.

Why was putting lambing an error, do you have a residential house within 400m?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
Prior notification application forms

as you see, there are two different forms for barn and track/road….the track would be within 25 mts of the classified road..so full planning would be needed for the track

and yes..we have a residential house within 400 mts … totally not practical to build anywhere else, yet you can use MOBILE animal shelters

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Two reasons for not putting animals down on a pd app are
Within 400 m of a house and pollution / drainage issues
The barn should be fir housing machinery / straw / feed etc
Once up just add the animals it saves a load of complicated work and money

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

due to the fact the weather has been complete pants this week, we have had to leave the main entrance, to later

well, we have started building the pig pen, dividing it up into two areas, with a 3ft run to allow easy movement , it will be for 3-4 wieners to start with,

hopefully it should look a bit like this

piggy_zpsfvmafkio.jpg

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
It won't look like that for long :-)
Just remember where you feed them will resemble a bomb crater

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

electric wire, connected to solar battery pack , will run all the way around the bottom at about 9 inches high, 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

'''''''

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

'''''''

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Back on topic…just been shopping for strainers , struts and fencing…. happy days,