Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ronnie the pommys diary using common law

common law diary lawful

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

We have exhausted all the council's avenues to live and thrive on our farm. The council have made it blatantly clear that whatever we do they will always refuse it.

I had already done some research on common law a few years earlier, I had also wondered if there was a way of using common law to living on our land back then, but had no idea how I could apply it without getting it completely wrong and into big trouble with the council. When I saw lumpnuggins posts a couple of months back I knew that things would get better for us in the future.

A few weeks ago I went and met up with lumpnuggin (LN) to discuss our situation, he advised that as we are not at present living on our land and didn't have any recent notices on the farm, we were in as good a place as was possible to begin the process of claiming back our authority on our land.

I have since then had a meeting with a planning officer from our council with LN and his business partner BA where a few choice questions were asked of the planning officer in a round about way which meant that the officer was happy to talk freely without realising what they had actually admitted to.

This is as far as we have gone so far but it is still just the very beginning of our journey. As and when we do anything on this adventure I will be posting what we are doing and what the councils response is or maybe isn't!!! Watch this space :aikido:

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset
Thank you for posting this Ronnie, great news and a great start to the new year!

I just wonder if this thread should be in members only section though, rather than public, if you're going to post all the gritty details?!

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Thanks Tim, you do have a good point there!

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Will make interesting reading.Heres to being a pioneer ! :superblue:

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Thank you GH :girlcrazy:

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests

Thank you for posting this Ronnie, great news and a great start to the new year!
I just wonder if this thread should be in members only section though, rather than public, if you're going to post all the gritty details?!

Public. We've got nothing to fear :-)

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Well done Ronnie for taking this route on and posting warts and all
I think if we had hit a brick with the council we would most likely sell up and find another field but we haven't lived here all our lives , so can see why you are willing to dig your heels in and fight , we can't believe that there used to be a farm house there but you can't build another in its place unless there a is already another new one built on the farm ?
LN sounds like just the person you need to help especially with BA at his side , does he still wear all the chains ?

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I'm not the type to quit when my mind is set on something, as specially as I grew up on that land. This is the way forward, and I'm feeling more empowered now than I have done since we first started six and a half years ago. Thanks for all the positive comments guys

BB, the whole system is corporations I'm sorry to say, you might have been naïve but so were the rest of us, that's how the system is set up. Once you can see this illusion, you can start doing something about it :nhl:

respectedponydriver

respectedponydriver

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Happy New Year everyone.Good luck Ronnie the pommy.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Over the last few days I have been preparing my first notice for the council with help from LN through emails and phone calls. To make it an official and lawful common law notice I was instructed to put both a thumb print and postage stamp on the document which I then signed across both. Today I went to my local solicitor to meet up with an official oath commissioner who witnessed me swear on the bible that that was my name and address, she then signed and stamped it. I posted it as first class signed delivery straight after the solicitors meeting. With any luck it will arrive at the council offices tomorrow.

The council now has 7 days to rebut it, or for ever hold their peace. Now its a case of waiting to see if they come back with anything. I will post any communications from the council if and when it shows up.

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I love it when people stand up for their rights.  Good luck .

respectedponydriver

respectedponydriver

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Looking forward to reading good news,thank you for sharing.

YousexyMF

YousexyMF

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Keep us posted Ronnie and good luck.

A lot of eyes are on you right now x

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Any updates on the 7 day period and any response?

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I only sent the notice yesterday, 15th January, so they have until the 22nd Jan to come back. I know that they have received the notice today as I have seen and printed out their signature on receiving the letter this morning. I am keeping copies of all correspondence between the council and myself as evidence in case I end up going to court with them.

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Im watching closely and would love to see how this pans out

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thanks Tony, I will be documenting everything that happens, big or small. I am very keen to show how it works and how it is possible for other people to go down this route and be successful. I feel very confident in what I am doing, although there may be some battles to fight along the way with my council, I know that I will be in the right and the council will be in the wrong and I will beat them!

Ladyfarmer

Ladyfarmer

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Ronnie will you kindly put the response up from your council if there is one?

All the best to you. Very brave

So are you now getting the common law knowledge?

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Yes Ladyfarmer, I will be putting any response that the council sends on here. It will be interesting to see their response as they have up to now gone out of their way to make our lives impossible, and their last refusal for a certificate of lawful development was so outrages that it is quite obvious that they REALLY don't want us on our land. The problem is that there are a few wealthy incomer neighbours who run to the council every time we blink, and the council and our ward councillor are desperate to keep them happy. I am also sure that we will have neighbours turning up to try and cause trouble once things start happening on the farm, we will be recording all of it on phones and audio recorders!

I am slowly getting the common law knowledge and how it works with our land, I was lucky that I had looked into common law a few years back and was convinced that it could be applied to our farm back then, I just didn't know how it could be done, so when LN showed up on this forum a couple of months ago I knew I was finally in luck :girlcrazy:

Ladyfarmer

Ladyfarmer

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Thanks Ronnie that will be very interesting and useful to us on the side lines pondering this route.

So can you tell us how Mr LN works. Does he teach you the Common Law or are you flying blind? Very interested to her your thoughts. Thanks again for sharing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: common law, diary, lawful