Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

John and helens journey

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

get our 1st 4 poll dorset sheep this week…and they are only 4 miles away….love it

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

22079010-896-640x640_zps8ub9jc5v.jpg

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

who said sheep where not exciting   :nyam:  so we picked them up ok..got them home and then the fun started…backed up into the pen..1st one lifted out, 2nd one lifted out 3rd one jumped as did the forth..meanwhile on the other side of the paddock, 1st one went through electric fence as did 2 3 and 4 …. :nyam:  OH F*** and why do sheep love going to the top of the hill...

anyway..1 1/2 hours later..4 sheep safely back in the pen….well not their own..but the goats pen…sort that problem out tomorrow…i need a glass of red lol….

we sat down and had a bloody good laugh… loving it

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi J & H...we've just moved to Devon. Whereabouts are you?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

just over the border …west i'm from devon but have now moved

tonights visitors to the farm 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

starting to build nicely….all part of the plan ….happy days, and loving it

DSCF2064_zpsekqpmriz.jpg[/UR

[url=http://s228.photobucket.com/user/johningham/media/DSCF2062_zpsf8iz7qg0.jpg.html]DSCF2062_zpsf8iz7qg0.jpg[/URL

[url=http://s228.photobucket.com/user/johningham/media/DSCF2061_zpsf1baupun.jpg.html]DSCF2061_zpsf1baupun.jpg[/UR

[url=http://s228.photobucket.com/user/johningham/media/DSCF1987_zpsskwqevv3.jpg.html]DSCF1987_zpsskwqevv3.jpgL]]L]

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

So proud of H today..she milked the goat..and got 1 ltr…. this is really important for the goats health…the goat was calm as could be….perfect….

i will do my 1st attempt at dagging tomorrow….cleaning a sheep's arse is not on my favourite list..but if need must lol

one of the goats is in kid and the others are all booked to be done later this year….as they are on a selective breeding programme ….bloodlines and all that,

earthNwood

earthNwood

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationYE OLDE DARZETSHIRER
Looking good Thumbs up you two Enjoying your journey :-)

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Thank you,

well another lovely week , things are growing nicely, not to fast, but fast enough to build and learn, went out yesterday with a few of the locals to a farm sale, and meet up with many more farmers who offered plenty of advice and help offered if needed, 

the goats have settled in and H has mastered the milking, one is already in kid and the others are going soon to meet their designated billy soon to keep the bloodlines going

the poll dorset ewes are a delight, and are starting to eat from the hand…nearly got all four, maybe another week ….they will go to a ram next year….

so yes, building nicely

the pigs are gaining weight, and will be off in january, 

all going to our plan, 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

just having the best birthday ever….what a life

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

so today seen a nice overcast , not moaning about all this wonderful sunshine we had, but it was nice to be able to do things without breaking into a sweat , plenty done today, so this afternoon we took an hour to pamper the girls…. yep..we gave them a grooming lol..and they loved it ..plus i have my girls now eating out of my hand,,,,these are breeding stock, not meat, so no problems with getting attached lol

DSCF2173_zpsvtc3wnuh.jpg[/U

DSCF2165_zpsc1urubpy.jpg

RL]

[url=http://s228.photobucket.com/user/johningham/media/DSCF2163_zpssunbl7p0.jpg.html]DSCF2163_zpssunbl7p0.jpg

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

weird one today, one part of the route is getting your address registered, now due to the name of the fields we bought crossed with the mill down the road..they both had the same name, so this caused confusion …..we changed the name of the farm, stuck signage up and ….royal mail did not recognise it,,,,, so we did the right thing by trying to register the name with the council….the council ring us today saying it isn't easy registering your land,,,,could you not stick a static caravan on site, seeing as you have planing permission,,,,low and behold , when i get home, i have received our 1st letter ..a bloody speeding ticket lol

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

had a great compliment today, one of the neighbours said thank you…i said what for…they said they love the noise coming from the farm…this had me worried, i thought what noise, then they went on too say, the lovely noises of the cockerels, the bleating of the sheep and goats, the snorting of the pigs, we love to see a farm being built on land that everyone said nothing could be done with it….

we also get many visits from the staff of the heliport during their lunch break, they love the goats and have now started to buy the eggs, ….

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

the dig out for the barn has started……exciting times down here, egg sales are picking up and every thing is just fantastic, loving this life 

DSCF2182_zpsdbm8b9ba.jpg

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

hopefully this will be the 1st barn

3b64a6dc-7655-4b05-8aca-080184f68632_zps

j and H

j and H