Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ADVICE NEEDED dwellings on land ,how many?

planning permitted development advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mudtruck

mudtruck

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi i am after some advice i have read the book and it's full of great advice but there,s a question i couldn't find the answer too so i hoping someone on  here may be able to help.

me and my bro are looking to purchase a bit of land about 20 acres we will be living on the land under the permitted development act est. while we build the barn the question i have is we've both got families so would need to live in 2 mobiles as living in one would be impossible. both are names would be on the deeds we will both be working on the construction . would we be able  to do this or does the permitted development only cover one caravan . 

any advice would be greatly received  

many thanks 

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
Familiarise yourself with the book GPDO 1995 PPS7 and the many posts on the forum it should give you an idea of the process.You will be challenged by placing one static on site,by putting 2 and having 2 families there you will multiply by 10 fold.Research how people have been successfull and also observe the pitfalls of those who failed. Reading Historical planning applications and appeals etc are vital to understand the process(Make that challenge).You have to get the 28 day notice first which is a major hurdle in its self

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Agree with groundhog you will just upset the planners and locals who will assume more caravans later. Two families working together should also make short work of building a barn. How do the two families intend to support themselves on this plot.

che

mudtruck

mudtruck

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks Guys for the advice very appreciated

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Could you split the title 13 acres/ 7 acres, and rent or buy another piece of land to make up the second lot?

Devon Cream

Devon Cream

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I am surprised to read that you have read the book but not contacted admin or a moderator with the password so that you can be moved into the Book Owner Group. You might be pleasantly pleased at the additional information then available to you! I most certainly was!

melbee

melbee

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I was about to suggest the same about renting a bit more to split it into two plots. Would that be possible? Bit late, I realise...just come across this. Good luck, whatever you decide - don't give up!

M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: planning, permitted development, advice