Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alpacas for Sale

For sale

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi HMOTW,
Cant help you on that one ,although we have been best of friends for days he has not confided this information to me yet. However when he answers the questions Ive posted for him, I will be sure to ask?

Dave C
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi HMOTW,
Cant help you on that one ,although we have been best of friends for days he has not confided this information to me yet. However when he answers the questions Ive posted for him, I will be sure to ask?

Dave C

:D Being a "wiseowl" he/she is probably tucked up in bed at this hour unlike us two sad b*****s!!!! :P

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

:D Being a "wiseowl" he/she is probably tucked up in bed at this hour unlike us two sad b*****s!!!! :P

Correction - ONE sad b*****! i.e. Goodnight DaveC <_<

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Ha ha your not alone , i think someone has commited an illegal act and shot the wiseowl :lol:

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Good idea its goodnight from me and goodnight from him :D :D
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Ha ha your not alone , i think someone has commited an illegal act and shot the wiseowl :lol:

Ah!!!!Perhaps needs pD for a barn but, twit-tWho gives a hoot!!!!! :D :D :D

Burl

Burl

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationChichester

Hi Burl - surprised you don't have an "alpacas for sale" page. :(

Well just revisited this topic and read Wise owl ,s comments. We are making a living out of Alpacas!! we have are fleeces processed and sell the fibre we do not use . We have a market for the raw fleece but tend to produce our own hand knitted garments which sell very well.
I have had to resort to buying fleece as we ran out last year.
"Obvious bee in bonnet for some reason."he /she should have gone to this years Futurity show!!!"a little knowledge" etc
We do have a for sale page on our site now Happymanof the world thanks for looking

Burl and his happy Alpaca business
Burl

Piglet

Piglet

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Well just revisited this topic and read Wise owl ,s comments. We are making a living out of Alpacas!! we have are fleeces processed and sell the fibre we do not use . We have a market for the raw fleece but tend to produce our own hand knitted garments which sell very well.
I have had to resort to buying fleece as we ran out last year.
"Obvious bee in bonnet for some reason."he /she should have gone to this years Futurity show!!!"a little knowledge" etc
We do have a for sale page on our site now Happymanof the world thanks for looking

Burl and his happy Alpaca business

Hello Burl - we have six alpaca here and will be looking to do something with their fleeces - would you be at all interested? Piglet

Burl

Burl

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationChichester

Hello Burl - we have six alpaca here and will be looking to do something with their fleeces - would you be at all interested? Piglet

Hi Piglet
Cant say as yet as our Pacas will be sheared end of May beggining of June and we will see if we have enough, last year we had some poor fibre off some of em ! and we have over 40 Alpacas this year so I should be ok .
Thanks for the offer I will bear it in mind,
Have you advertised the fleece locally ? hand craft people and spinners love it.
When we do shows lots of people approach us and ask if they can buy some.
Burl
Burl

brocade

brocade

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi everyone
I am new to the site so am just replying to any interesting alpaca threads I can find.

With reference to making money from alpaca fleece, there are various mini-mills in the country that will spin fleece into yarn. You can then sell balls of yarn to hand-knitters, or add more value by weaving or knitting it into products.

Our one-day Keeping Alpacas workshop will cover these topics, as well as hands-on experience with the animals themselves.
The workshop will be here at Willowmead Alpacas in Suffolk, on 21 May 2011. As a special offer to forum members, we are offering two places on the workshop for £50 (normal price £35 each). The fee is refundable if you purchase alpacas from us.

Other dates by arrangement if you can't come in May.

Willowmead-alpacas.co.uk

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Hi everyone
I am new to the site so am just replying to any interesting alpaca threads I can find.

With reference to making money from alpaca fleece, there are various mini-mills in the country that will spin fleece into yarn. You can then sell balls of yarn to hand-knitters, or add more value by weaving or knitting it into products.

Our one-day Keeping Alpacas workshop will cover these topics, as well as hands-on experience with the animals themselves.
The workshop will be here at Willowmead Alpacas in Suffolk, on 21 May 2011. As a special offer to forum members, we are offering two places on the workshop for £50 (normal price £35 each). The fee is refundable if you purchase alpacas from us.

Other dates by arrangement if you can't come in May.

Willowmead-alpacas.co.uk

Can you eat Alpaca ? dont recall seeing any stalls at Farmers Markets

brocade

brocade

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Can you eat Alpaca ? dont recall seeing any stalls at Farmers Markets

I understand they do eat alpaca in Peru and Chile, but in UK most owners only keep a few and you can get pretty attached to them. They are very cute looking and all have individual characters, so to most people eating one would be like eating their pet dog.

Burl

Burl

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationChichester

I understand they do eat alpaca in Peru and Chile, but in UK most owners only keep a few and you can get pretty attached to them. They are very cute looking and all have individual characters, so to most people eating one would be like eating their pet dog.

Can you eat em? thats the most common question we are asked at training days , shows and from our walking clients. Yes you can, its very good healthy meat not ready for the UK butchers yet though and I cant ever see the day it will be..
I always reply to that question " at £500 for a cheap male Alpaca it would be an expensive sandwich or burger "
We dont mention the meat word around our Alpacas :lol:
www.Dunreythalpacas.co.uk
aka burl
Burl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For sale