Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hardy, low maintenance animals, Services and More

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi Mil.
Just sort of thinking outloud that if I had an Article 4 on my land and they said that to me, I would put one in every 10 days. I would photocopy most of the form leaving out the dates and the exact location of the ark, hey presto fill in the date mark where the ark will be and post. Sort of like "Spot the Ball" we could call it "Spot the Ark". Pretty sure who would get fed up first.

Dave C
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Hi again Mil - you say borehole 15000 and 5km away. I am sure if you get the map I mentioned previously you will find a nearer drilling or spring than that. 15000 - I presume that you mean 15 metres or 150 metres? i.e. were you quoting mm or cm?

If it is only 15 metres and you lie at the same comtour as the neighbour you could well be in with a shout. Also,if it is for the animals and not too near pollutants there is a very good chance that a deep hole will fill to a certain level just from underground run-off..... remember a water table is not a horizontal line and there is a continual movement of water draining through above the table itself. I would be giving it a shot ---- you can always fill it back in - or at least have the hole ready for widening for your pond.

Good luck.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Hi I think you may find that if there is a a bore hole within a certain distance to the one you want to drill , then there is a restriction as to how much water you can extract / the owner of the existing borehole has a say as to wether you can do it or not / you may not be allowed to drill at all as you could affect their existing supply ??

That came from the very back of my head somewhere ,so you will need to double check , it could have just been one of my ******ish neighbours from the past that came out with it in spite , trust me i feel as if i have been there seen it and have the t shirt , when it comes to neighbours .

my only advice to you all on them is to give in to nowt and stick with your origional plan to the end , it`s your hard earned cash that bought it and they have no right to say what you should do at all , my next and final move will be the third and there won`t be a house within 1/2 a mile of us .

Shepie

Rant over

mil6507

mil6507

Goose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
A new mains could cost around 25k. An offer to the neighbours won't cost so much. They aren't willing to do share for free. Not to say they'll agree to the offer.

Guest_Hope_*

Guest_Hope_*
  • Guests
I know you are a very positive person but, really how could you say such a thing?

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Mr Happy, you have clearly not suffered sufficiently at the hands of your local planning authority, unlike many, many people on this forum. Please try NOT to have sypathies with people who obviously have few morals. I know you are a very positive person but, really how could you say such a thing?

Hi Hope - If you check back over my posts, one in particular gives a short resume of my SIX year fight.... including being told that they wouldn't accept my application because it was in a conservation area ---- until I pointed out they were looking at terrace houses in the town with the same name (how did they expect cows and horses in a terraced house).... going to appeal, being told to resite my caravan, freezing at MINUS 18 degrees - frozen propane, burst water pipes, blown up electric shower - not suffered!!!!!! Ho-ho!!! The Yukon people had it better. The planners we deal with are all answerable to a superior - that is the person who deserves your malice. The lower levels are only doing a job.... and I wouldn't like that job. They are scared to say anything in favour in case it is then re-quoted back at them..... and let's face it, we do!

It is NOT the planners as much as the legislation. The problem is that none of us on this website fit the "tick" boxes..... and if you don't fit the boxes then you can't do it. The tick boxes were all designed for "normal" planning ideas, usually by townies and citi-ies who have no idea of rural needs. Yes, I do not like what the planners do..... but I do not blame them..... especially when you read a posting today on the forum that someone hasused the system to get a house and they are now going to use it to get another house! I find that greedy and can be an example of how it will spoil it for others in the future.

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Morning Happy,, is 'hasused' a Scots word. I'm not fluent in gaelic :) but it's not within me ken to what that means. I can imagine but please define.BTW, where's the case you are speaking of?

Keep smiling :)

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Hi "Dodgy" ---- yes 'hasused' is a much 'misused' word, not for the 'confused'! Seriously - livery horse got colic which was worse than expected - twisted gut and had to be "let go" the night before post. I had only had two hours sleep.

I have looked for the case I mentioned - I only read it two days ago on the site but cannot find..... it's there somewhere.

Is Dave on hols - I have had a Q lying there for a few days?

Best regards.

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Oh Happy, sorry to hear about your horse. Livestock and ailments... I'll say no more :(

Thank you for your splendid explanation. I'll try and remember 'hasused' next time I'm chatting to my solicitor and try and slip it into the conversation and see if he raises an eyebrow :huh:.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts

Hi PumpkinEater, I'm very sorry, I had no intention of upsetting anyone and I do seem to have upset you.

I was merely offering the plans to anyone who might be interested, if no one's interested, no problem, and if anyone is interested they can certainly look at them first.

Also I don't doubt that Dave's system can work, indeed I intend to build another house using his system.

However, whilst I am confident that his system will work to gain the temporary permission for 5 years, because of those loopholes that he's spotted, Dave has stated that there are no guarantees that approval will be granted for the permanent dwelling and I suspect that it is highly unlikely that any such permission will be acceptable at Parish or District level, and the only option to anyone at this stage will be to go to Appeal, in which case my advice would be to get help from people with experience in this area, otherwise everything that has been invested for 5 years will be for nothing.

Best Wishes

Hi Happy i think this is the one you are looking for , i have the plans in the drawer but still not looked yet (only had them for 3 months ) :rolleyes: i will look soon

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

I'll try and remember 'hasused' next time I'm chatting to my solicitor and try and slip it into the conversation and see if he raises an eyebrow :huh:.

Probably he'll just raise your bill!!!

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi Happy i think this is the one you are looking for , i have the plans in the draw but still not looked yet (only had them for 3 months ) :rolleyes: i will look soon

Thanks Shepie - you got it! (would expect nothing less from "staff" member) :P

Guest_Hope_*

Guest_Hope_*
  • Guests
Love your posts, they are uplifting and motivational.

Guest_Hope_*

Guest_Hope_*
  • Guests
Borehold is definately the best option if you are putting a long term investment into the project.