Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rare breed Eriskay colt for sale -

For sale

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
I need to sell my colt born August 12 2009, The Glorious 12th! I only need to sell him because of his tarty mum and sister.
He is registered with the Eriskay mainland society and he is named Renwick Rapscallion (Rascal for short). He shows no fear of humans and has been handled since his first day on earth. His father is Faygate Cuillin who has sired Aran at the Airdrie Council's rare breed park, Palacerigg. I am really loathe to have him gelded as he has magnificent trotting and gallop movements. He can be seen on Youtube by cutting and pasting the following link into your browser - http://www.youtube.c...u/1/KscWAYMPJok and also http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Eu1RcCPYkDI My apologies for the backing music!

Eriskay ponies require very low quality grazing and hardly any supplementary feed. They have the advantage that they can quite easily be an agricultural and conservation grazing horse rather than a "riding" horse if you read between the lines

I would accept £350 for him from the RIGHT buyer i.e. would have to be a very "good" person- Have a GREAT day.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

I need to sell my colt born August 12 2009, The Glorious 12th! I only need to sell him because of his tarty mum and sister.
He is registered with the Eriskay mainland society and he is named Renwick Rapscallion (Rascal for short). He shows no fear of humans and has been handled since his first day on earth. His father is Faygate Cuillin who has sired Aran at the Airdrie Council's rare breed park, Palacerigg. I am really loathe to have him gelded as he has magnificent trotting and gallop movements. He can be seen on Youtube by cutting and pasting the following link into your browser - http://www.youtube.c...u/1/KscWAYMPJok and also http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Eu1RcCPYkDI My apologies for the backing music!

Eriskay ponies require very low quality grazing and hardly any supplementary feed. They have the advantage that they can quite easily be an agricultural and conservation grazing horse rather than a "riding" horse if you read between the lines

I would accept £350 for him from the RIGHT buyer i.e. would have to be a very "good" person- Have a GREAT day.

Hi HMOTW, is Rascal still for sale? And what would constitute being the 'right' buyer?
I have watched the video, but am puzzled why he keeps shaking his head. Did he have an ear problem at that time or were there lots of mozzies/flies about? Just curious!

Jane

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi HMOTW, is Rascal still for sale? And what would constitute being the 'right' buyer?
I have watched the video, but am puzzled why he keeps shaking his head. Did he have an ear problem at that time or were there lots of mozzies/flies about? Just curious!

Jane

Hi Jane ----- Right nuyer is someone who knows how to keep ponies ---- is aware of laminitus in small breeds so that he doesn't get it ----- is confident enough to handle a young stallion etc....

No ear problem - that is the stallion in him exerting his dominance (or so he thinks!!!) His dad does exactly the same...... which is anoying when he is on tha head collar (dad I mean!)

Yes he is still for sale.

Best regards! B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For sale