Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BT

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Ok update

Order is being amended by surveyor

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

BT will not go to the expense of installing carriers to a temp building without being paid, why would they. We have had many connections to our sites but they have all been close to a carrier therefore only £130

Have they asked to see your residential planning permission for the mobile?

They are so incompetent you may well get away without paying, good luck.

bramblebasher

bramblebasher

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 509 posts

Satellite broadband is another option, unlimited is a bit pricey but £25 a month gets me enough to watch lots of generator videos on youtube. Think the hardware was about £250 initially. Was quoted over £9k from BT, the guy was laughing saying how the signal would be pretty bad as it was such a long run of cable, still better than nothing at all mate! Err no thanks we'll stick with Tooway satellite you big old gippo.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
They seem to have it in hand now , there is no rush
Worst case I just wait and dig in 500 m of cable

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

So, what is this £3400 supposed to get you? we have no poles down our lane, nearest is about 500 metres away.

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

KC

iam not sure if the figure £3400 is correct but in BTs charter there have agreed to install a telephone line to every  residential property in the UK and will pay the first £3400? for the installation  they charge around £1000 a pole here in south east and each pole can span 50m.  BT charge £130 connection fee.

As you have planning permission (well done) it should be fairly easy however you are dealing with BT

pm if you require anymore info 

i may need some info on pigs  later

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Thanks Tottenham, will look further into it to see what i can actually get.

Let me know if i can help you with pigs, no probs.

KC