Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Someone pic me up!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Eve

Eve

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
That happened to us a few times, viewings arranged and then cancelled. Once an hour after we viewed, went to make an offer and it was already off the market! This bit of land was so important to us (we've rented opposite it for nearly a decade) we weren't taking any chances!
Sadly the vendor knows we are desperate so we've been jumping all kinds of hoops, but I'm sure it will be worth it... Even if the barn will have to wait a while!
When I letter dropped I was conservative and just said I was after private grazing land for my family horses, that wasn't a lie, just chose not to mention the sheep, pigs, bees, worms, possible goats, alpacas and caravans. The dream of a business and an eventual home at the end of it... Not entirely sure that would have persuaded them to sell!
Xx

pigsmitefly

pigsmitefly

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

adrian, if you havnt got any dosh, how are you planning on buying land,  can you mortgage land 100%,

also where are you looknig, ( what area)     here in east sussex the larger the land the cheeper it is,

if me and the mrs cant find 12.5 acres, there could be a possibility of doing some sort of group purchase. 

( if i can find anyone in east sussex to do it with us )

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I believe Adrian already has land but he's purely telling you that he has good land but he is now skint

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

well, we popped down to the slope today  :nyam: picked off all the fruit thats growing..don't want it this year…sun was beating down as the swallows dive bombed the field, and passing us within 8ft…great little show, the flail mower and extra wheels come on tuesday for the BCS tractor…looking forward to giving the grass a good cut…. and off down wednesday to look at the static

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
We're you getting your static from john? Will your whole place need cutting then or just a small part of it?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

we will cut a fair bit, but the goats will clear a lot too, they are not the best grass eaters

the static is coming from a local firm

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
yep, no dosh becuase we spent it all on the land :-)

No mortgage though.

There has to be some mileage in people on here grouping together - land is cheaper per acre the bigger it is.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

just imagine if 4 of you got together …that could be a mighty fine farm shop, with plenty of supplies  :nyam:

pigsmitefly

pigsmitefly

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

could be a fine plan, but putting it together could be a headach, been looking for over a year, got the money in the bank ready,

but cant find any land, :angry:

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

I've been shopping today…bought a static

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
J and h were are the pics?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

haven't taken any yet…. but it looks like this old girl

plenty big enough to make a drink and a meal 

cara_zpsg8bmnate.jpg

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
As long as you got a roof over your head and some were dry to lay your head I can't see what else you will need to start with ....

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
CH :-)

jsprince

jsprince

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

That looks lovely.  Good luck.

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

As long as you got a roof over your head and some were dry to lay your head I can't see what else you will need to start with ....

But, soon after that... electric, running water, gas, log burner, dehumidifier... :-)

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Shepie got the right idea ...... Central heating!!!! Nothing like flicking a switch and 5 mins later having hot radiators

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

jeeze you lot are getting soft  :nyam: next you will be wanting hot water running through the taps  :beach:

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I want hot water, central heating and a memory foam bed ..... I may even buy one of those lay-z spa jacuzzis to sit in and wave to the neighbours as they drive past

topper

topper

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

well ive got all that and iam still a grumpy old git so what next  --- a 20 yr old super sex queen yer right iam about as much use to that as a bottomless bucket