Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Debs

Debs

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHerts / Bucks Border

Yeah wouldn't want to publicise it anyway just in case we need to use it.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

if you upload it to VIMEO, you can password protect it…and the quality is better on vimeo 

Debs

Debs

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

OK so letter delivered and we have had 3 days of heaven - peaceful mornings no confrontations and no intimidation attempts - aaahhhh.

And then she had an audience, her 17yr old friend and a farrier.  She waited until myself and my parents left yesterday morning and South African friend was left on her own and she proceeded for 45 minutes to stand by the dividing fence line and shout about calling the police because she is disturbing the peace etc etc - I won't insult your intelligence with the details but you know the sort of pathetic childish school playground intimidation.

I really feel for SA friend.  No-one wants to listen to that - so she is taking her husband up with her tonight for support - she shouldn't have to do this just to see her horse on a daily basis.  She is also worrying that as neighbour is really unbalanced she may hurt the horses.  Personally I don't think she would stoop to that but I thought the letter would stop this silly nonense and here we are only 3 days of peace.  Time for a beer I think - have a good afternoon everyone, nice to have the support of this group somehow don't feel so alone in all of this.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Nice one Debs, never let an idiot win…. you don't need to talk to her, but stand your ground, you have done nothing wrong.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

We had a little situation the other day, nothing bad, but a bit strange, 

H often tells me i am tooooooo trusting  :nyam: i always try to see the good in people, 

this lady pulled up , and asked if i knew the previous owner, No i replied, but had heard many good things about them, she went on to tell me she had bought some more woodland just over the road, this had caused a little upset with other neighbours……i had to say ….WOW….you are E, …i have met ABC and D and found them lovely people, Now….if you don't like C and D..I don't want to know…but, if you are passing, you, A B C and D are all welcome to stop by for a coffee, I will not get involved with local fallouts over land or money….thankfully she understood this, but i still have her in reserve on initial feelings …and a little something tells me, she is the one to watch

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
We had campers in last night but when I got up there this morning the entrance was trashed and signage smashed up , they said a car pulled in and trashed it all about midnight
Why ????
I cleared it up and will make a new sign and move on , needless to say the campers left this morning

That's twice now but I don't care it's what you get when you add beer to an inbred

I know who it is !! his dad just lost about £40 k worth of business tonight as a result ,I suspect they are scratching their dumb heads trying to work out why as I write this :-)
Debs it's about keeping going , you will find away to shut her up one day

Debs

Debs

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Oh deep deep joy - Karma has finally arrived in my little area of paradise.  I have not laughed so much in a very long time so here is why.

Over the last couple of days a portion of the farmers fence came down (it runs up the side of our access track) and an area across his field has been cleared, this area is directly in front of my neighbours yard. Arrived yesterday and the hedging had been cut right back so you can now see into her yard from the access track.  An 8 wheeler arrived and dumped some hardcore into the field.  The driver got stuck in the mud and churned up the access track - not a problem for me but my neighbour is very precious about the track so she won't be happy with that then - shame.  Anyway he finally got himself out of the field and I opened our gate to let him pull in to turn around.  He got out and we started chatting, being nosey I ask what is happening and it appears that the farmer who sold me my land has just sold the land on the other side of my neighbours land so she is now sandwiched between me and a family who own a haulage business (maybe they will use the land to house their 8 wheelers!).  In addition to this so that they have access to their land the farmer is putting another track in directly infront of my neighbours yard and land, so not only does she have to put up with me on one side but a new access track that runs along the front of her land and then new neighbours along the other side.  She complains constantly about the additional use of the track since we moved in and now it will be use by many more - oh sweet justice.  Hopefully this will mean she leaves us alone while she starts on the new owners.

And finally if that isn't good enough a friend of mine has just told me that the farmer has approached her and asked if she wants to buy a parcel of land next to the new owners for her horses.  LMAO - how fantastic is that.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Thats excellent news Debs, glad to see that the tables are finally turning for you :girlwink: 

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

some people just don't know how to be nice, then life comes around and bites them on the bum…serves her right really, 

lets hope she now leaves you in piece debs  :nyam: