Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Land has part of it as ancient monument.. can i?

planning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

biffin

biffin

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The good news is ..I'm going to inherit 12ha of grass in two fields, :) …but, the middle section of one is ancient monument. All of it is defra registered and has payments on it, so it's definitely all agricultural.

The first field has a chunk 31m by 32m up by the © road that's not A'monument, and 5.9 acres (2.4 ha) at the bottom of the field that isn't A'monument (but isn't on a road). The second field is separated from the first, has no road access but is free of monument = total land without A'Monument is 6.2ha.

Any advice, as the PD doesn't exist on the A'monument can i still continue with the F2F plan on the tiny bit by the road?

I want to put a small 4.8 x 7m barn up by the road for processing fruit products, and polytunnels on the bottom part. Ideally i want to live up on the small bit by the road too, what do you think? It's only isolated by the monument status.

I'd just fit the barn on so it can be 25m from the metalled road, i can't go further away because the A'monument starts - but it's still my land so it wouldn't count as a 'boundary'.

thanks!

[In case anyone was wondering, the 'monument' is under grass, just some undulations, not a stonehenge or an abbey or i'd open a visitors centre! A family member tried to find anyone to excavate it but no-one was interested. We can't plough it, thats all]

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

biffin

biffin

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: planning