Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enforcement notice

legal enforcement help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mayesemma

mayesemma

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDereham, Norfolk

Well I was getting very confident that all was nice and peachy its been 6 months of feeling confident and then on Wednesday they appeared on our doorstep with the enforcement notice. We have full planning permission for a barn made from rammed earth tires, a static caravan with extension to be used for 'care farming' a business that is now starting and developing very well. We are living in the caravan while working on the facilities approved in the planning permissions and awaiting the appropriate environmental permits from the environment agency so we can use the tires. The bed of the barn has been scrapped away in preparation for development. Mean while we have been working on the facilities essential for the care farm such as a refreshment area and toilet facilities.

We are with Breckland council and can pass on any paperwork references or extra details just a little scared any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you all

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

I don't know enough to give advice, but i wish you luck and best wishes… how can they do this if you have full planning permission… what did they say when you showed them ?

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The council have had a lot of practice in writing scary letters so don't worry.  But can you post the letter/circumstances on here so we can get our heads together and work out a strategy.

It might just be that you havn't started on the barn yet so they are coming for you all guns blazing.

mayesemma

mayesemma

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDereham, Norfolk

I don't know enough to give advice, but i wish you luck and best wishes… how can they do this if you have full planning permission… what did they say when you showed them ?

Hi thanks for the good luck wishes we have full planning for the buildings to be there but not for residential use that requires us to apply for change of use. But it should not affect any thing just bureaucracy. Ah well more paperwork.

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

you are not residential.  You are staying their whilst engaged in building and engineering works.  No need  for change of use.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legal, enforcement, help