Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Site Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)

Great Escaper - Hopefully the problem is now solved.  Thank you for all the input in the pm you sent us.  Thank you also for sending us the password.  Hopefully you will not need to do this again.

Thegreatescaper

Thegreatescaper

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMid Essex

I would like to publicly appologise for my rant. Bad day but never appropriate to take it out on others. Should admin make changes to improve the site for our benefit it's a poor show for me to complain about a minor admin error, especially one that was rectified so quickly and easily.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Probably my fault. Have probably missed a few people when they have messaged me in the past.

Glad it's all sorted now and no need to apologise. It is frustrating to have to prove something when you are only looking to help. But rules are rules - and some of them are annoying just like the planning system :D

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

WOW! We have just looked at the Gallery and are very impressed with the Featured Images!

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

If you still have some spare time, please do you think you could give The Great Escaper a profile pic?  We think a pic of Steve McQueen from the film 'The Great Escape' would be extremely appropriate and so does he, (The Great Escaper that is, not Steve McQeen) but only if it is possible.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Yesterday CGs said:  "Do not like the way in which the 'quote' option operates now."

I agree with CG on this.  Please could you restore to its previous state?

Romany

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Yesterday CGs said:  "Do not like the way in which the 'quote' option operates now."

I agree with CG on this.  Please could you restore to its previous state?

Romany

How did it work before?

*edit - I cheated a bit and made the background of the quoted text grey. Is this what was wrong?

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Before, we had the option to enlarge certain 'names' because the HTML was shown.  Now this has disappeared and not only that, a quote no longer stands out quite so much.  In fact, it is hard to see where the quote ends and the response begins.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Like this...

Please could you restore it to its previous state.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Before, we had the option to enlarge certain 'names' because the HTML was shown.  Now this has disappeared and not only that, a quote no longer stands out quite so much.  In fact, it is hard to see where the quote ends and the response begins.

Although not ideal.. you can toggle on 'bbcode mode' in the top left of the box to make words bigger etc. The icon looks like a little switch.

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos

Have updated Roger.. but not sure about ShaunP.. what's an Instant?

The picture of the 'Instant' on the forum advertising if possible, please.

Shaun

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Sorry, should have realised. Is done now.

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos

Thank you very much!!!

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Steve, the new quote box is better than it was yesterday, so a big thank you.  It's not quite as neat as previously but it is now definitely easier to see where the quote is and who made it compared to the last couple of days!

Romany

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Does anyone know whether you can upload more than one pic at a time in a Gallery album?  It took us ages to do just three individual ones.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

When it asks you to select files try 'multi selecting' by holding down the ctrl* key on your keyboard and clicking a few files.

*replace ctrl key with cmd key if on a mac

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

classy upgrades.  very professional.  well done admin.  like the snow

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

We like this type of snow - it doesn't settle!

Tickles us to see it snowing down on to our 'cornfield'!

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

We like this type of snow - it doesn't settle!

I had an idea... don't know if it is possible, but Steve, please could you make it so that the snow settles at the bottom of the screen and builds up as if on a windowsill or similar - so it behaves like a screensaver, with the forum page being viewed slowly getting hidden behind the snow until the viewer clicks on mouse or keyboard? 

Now THAT would be cool!!!

Romany

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

What has happened to The Land Shop section?  For a while it was not working and then it was fixed - now it has disappeared!