Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6 acres for sale in Cheshire

For sale

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
6 acres of land with stables, hard standing, hay shed, 20ft container, mains water and dis used bore hole.
Amazing views over Cheshire, very quiet & secluded
can be seen on ebay item 190755617552

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Is there ever land for rent in the neighbourhood?

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I would think finding land to rent in the area wouldnt be an issue.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
is it agricultural or equine?

Romany

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
it is classed as agricultural but had stables and horses on it for for years and years so full equine use would be easily got if required

bushcraft

bushcraft

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationN/E

price ?? 

Its better to have & not need .....Than to need & not have :)

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

This land now has "full planning" for a new barn/ shed, (14m x 8m and 3m to the eaves) a septic tank for toilets was also approved which has now been installed. I have been offered another piece of land with buildings on it which are suitable for my needs.

Not sure if anyone can remember this piece of land, the ebay reference has been removed due to it being 8 months ago.

Just thought I would test the water for possible interest.

Any questions give me a message 

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE

When I was looking for land pieces without a price were normally overpriced why would you not put a price on it otherwise.

che

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

There was a price on it on ebay, but have spent a further 10k + on it now, having it levelled, sort out the planning, bat boxes, septic tank, etc...

With the "full planning" now and septic tank, and work done on the land its running at £120,000

But its all ready to go down the field to farm route, the hard work getting planning sorted on 6 acres is all done.

There is a bore hole that needs reinstating, mains water, and when you come out of the gate, you are direct onto a bridle path.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Well over priced , a bore hole that doesn't work , bat boxes, bridle path none of these are any use on a farm , 2k max for the tank and if the planning was that hard to get you wouldn't have got it !!! Why would this be worth more than 10 k / acre ??

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE

We paid £85000 for 9acres with 2 barns 30 x 20 & 45 x 20 a dozen looseboxes needing rebuild, electric and water connected.
£20,000 per acre is very expensive in anyone's books not surprised it did not sell.
Are you paying £20,000 an acre for your latest acquisition?
che

dilangar

dilangar

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWest sussex
Strikes me that some people make a career out of up lifting value on land and then move on.Spoke to a smallholder the other day who's neighbour doing a similar thing without the f2f route. Maybe that's okay but like woodlands.co.uk the value of land is gonna just spiral...

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

There is also a block of 4 stables, and large concrete hard standing. And a view that I doubt will ever be beaten. This is in Cheshire and the next piece I have seen is 4 acres, a run down pig sty, and its £110k. http://www.wrightman....asp?SaleID=339  this did 80k for 5 acres, in a local auction.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Guide 80-100 k it made £80 k no surprise there it's the auctioneer taking bids of the wall that don't exist until he meets the reserve , classic auction rip off , some poor sod just lost a pot full of cash Cheshire with views to die for hey , you can't travell much then , I know I was born n bred there , there are much better in many places including my sea views !!!!

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
The cost for planning for the barn would only have been about £70. We did this on our 6 acres approx 6 years ago, no problems. The REAL HARD WORK is getting full planning for an agricultural workers dwelling on 6 acres. That will cost lots, you cant do the F2F route on only 6 acres anyway, you need to have 12.5 acres dont you? Is this land in the green belt? A friend of mine recently purchased 5 acres on a main road, without any buildings or planning for £51k if that helps with valuing land in Cheshire. Although I know of 10 acres in much the same area which sold for £150k KChally

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Blimey, thinking then, our 6 acres with pig business, stables, barn and Full Planning for agri workers dwelling should be worth a pretty penny!! Thing is, we're not going anywhere, we are in the middle of putting up our oak frame garage first yippeee!! KChally

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
oh I dont mean "first" before we sell it. We are not going anywhere, this is where we are staying, god and tax man permitting lol KChally

rjr1975

rjr1975

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

The other piece of land I was looking at for 4 1/2 acres made £117,000, and the prices around here are still going up anyway. There is a 4 acre plot just coming for sale with stables on and fenced into 3 which he wants £90,000 for, and a plot of 5.68 acres just sold for £138,500 with stables on in Tarporley with Wright Manley estate agents, they have a further 5 acre plot for sale at £100k just outside Nantwich. Think property around here must just be more expensive, and they don't seem to be for sale for long.  

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Not quite sure why you are being given a hard time over this one if you can buy a piece of land increase its value by either planning permission or infrastructure think you can ask what you want Market demand will dictate at the end of the day the figure you achieve.If I could I would buy up suitable pieces of land,lay the foundations so to speak then sell on to someone who hasnt got the confidence in the first place to buy a bare site.There are to many idiots that buy bits of land that are in multiple ownership,have planning history,or have history from someone going in gung ho ! and upsetting the apple cart.Land and woodland is only going to go up.

Enquired about a parcel near Torcross with an agent in Dartmouth.He told me there was No History all ok then when I enquired  more from him actually had enforcement on.Its still on the market it was only a couple of weeks ago maybe someone can dig up the enforcement and I believe there is an application for a 3 year temp also might make interesting reading It was an Independant agent and the land was something barn I think in the details it said it was barn and 3 acres I think

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts

Hi Groundhog

Why would enforcement make a difference to a new owner ? shurley it only applies to the owner that enforcement was taken on ??????

shepie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For sale