Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2F Fest Autumn 2012

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Autumn 2012 Fest (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which day would suit you best?

1. October 7, Sunday (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. October 13, Saturday (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. October 14, Sunday (2 votes [22.22%])

4. October 21, Sunday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. October 27, Saturday (2 votes [22.22%])

6. October 28, Sunday (2 votes [22.22%])

How many will there be in your party?

1. One, myself (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Two, myself and partner (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Three or more (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Will you be bringing any pets/dogs?

1. Yes (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
There is an Autumn Fest in Cornwall in October and everyone is invited to attend.

We need to decide on a date and so would be grateful if you could find time to take part in the poll if you would like to come.

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
Will I am planning on coming whenever it is!!!

Shaun

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi CG prefer 27/28 four people + dog(he can stay in car if necessary) really looking forward to meeting you all

Roger

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
There is room for caravans, etc plus hopefully toilet facilities if Shaun manages to help us to install the Tricel unit.

The best news though is that the access lane is being dug up in order that a new mains water pipe can be laid to the neighbouring property and they say that they are going to then resurface the lane which has hithertobefore been more than a little bit bumpy.

Romany - you mentioned in another topic that you had a smallish tent - well let us reassure you about the weather - we can easily arrange for you to erect your tent in the polytunnel if we cannot find you a bunk anywhere else such as in a spare caravan.

We find that we cannot amend the poll to include a question about folk wishing./needing to stay the night or even two because of the distance away - after all we are over the border!! LOL Alternatively, perhaps we could take up Darkstar's offer and make a weekend of the Fest.

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
That Tricel unit is going in!!!

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
whats the date then? can i bring my tin tent?

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We are hoping for another couple of responses to the poll before a final decision is made, but it has been suggested that one of the half-term weekends would be best for those with children to consider.

All being well, there is room for caravans, etc, but if you wish to bring a tin tent instead, please feel free to do so. We are just over the Devon/Cornwall border and if anyone would like to make a holiday of it, please let us know in advance.

Incidentally, if you have any produce that you would like to bring and offer for sale please do not hesitate to let us all know. For instance, is anyone going to bring any honey? Willow slips? Eggs even fertile ones? Equipment etc, etc, etc?

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
half terms seems a good idea. caravan if its cold! family and dog, BBQ so we'll need sauaages bacon and burgers :nyam:

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Thank you to those who had time to take part in the poll. As a result of this, we think it would be best to have it at the w/e of 27/28 October because it gives us more time to ensure that the loo works!!

If you send us a pm, we will give you details of how to find us. We can tell you now, that if you put in the postcode, Sat Nav will take you whizzing past us! LOL

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
ok count me in. i'll pm you closer the date just in case!

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Hooray!! Thanks to Shaun and Lance we now have a Tricel unit in the ground in the right place and not sitting up on a slab of concrete! And if the Lodge does not arrive in time because of something stupid like transport strikes, we have a loo we can attach to the pipe and then erect a tent over it. Could be fun if it is a bit windy!

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Just an update - as it turns out that some can make it on the Sat and some on the Sun, we think it might be best to make it both days, so that as many members as possible can join in. Also therefore, if you so wish, arrive on the Friday pm and make a w/e of it. It also means that if you have a great distance to travel, you will have time to recuperate before the return journey. BTW - has anyone come across a firm which will provide a 'caretaker' for a small farm whilst the farmers are away?

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
Phil

Regarding the 'caretaker' there are some people on Accidental Smallholder that do offer farm sitting services so it might be worhwhile doing a search or posting a message on there.

Shaun

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hi CGs, apologies that I didn't take part in the poll.
The weekend chosen currently fits for me, however it turns out that the first three weekends in October are busy for me away from the holding, so it will depend on whether the peeps looking after the livestock on those weekends prepared to fit in yet another one!
Thank you for the kind offer of polytunnel in which to pitch a tent, this would be most welcome if the weather is inclement!
I'll let you know asap whether I can definitely make it.
Romany x

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We will keep our fingers crossed for you!

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
I am hoping to come down Saturday and be around on the Sunday morning to meet some of these people that have requested and more importantly given advice and help to those doing F2F.

Shaun

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
I will also post details tomorrow of the local farm B & B that gave me and Lance a friendly welcome when we stayed down to install the Tricel unit.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
How many will be in your party Shaun?

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
At least me, will try to persuade the wife if we can get pig feeding cover and Lance is a ??? Depends on how many pups he still has!!

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hi CG to reconfirm 4 of us + dog do we need to bring food or anything? will decide on accommodation closer to date.
Land purchase slowly going through and still cant wait to meet you all.

roger