Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2F Fest 2012,,,, Wales here we come!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi all I would like to attend please xxx Whereabouts in South Wales?

MV

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
For those who are coming, pm me and I will give you all my post code and phone number.

Think that would be better than putting it up
for all to see :)

Ruthie

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi all I would like to attend please is it ok for 4 of us

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Yes that would be fine, no we don't have a caravan site nearby i'm sorry.

But we have 20 acres nearby, will speak to hubby tonight, to see if caravan can get through gate.
I'm sure it can.

Ruth

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Could I have a list who know they are coming for deffo please.

Just a rough guide be great !

Ruthie

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Andrew tells me be a bit tight to get caravan throught top fields Roger, but there is a site about ten mins away i forgot about.
Riverside Caravan Park Swansea. Takes about ten mins to get to me, and they cater for caravans and tents.
They have shower blocks, toilets etc

Hope that helps Ruthie

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Hi,

Would have loved to come but have a pony club event on that day. So will be looking forward to hearing all about it over the forum. Have a great day.

KChally

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Andrew tells me be a bit tight to get caravan throught top fields Roger, but there is a site about ten mins away i forgot about.
Riverside Caravan Park Swansea. Takes about ten mins to get to me, and they cater for caravans and tents.
They have shower blocks, toilets etc

Hope that helps Ruthie

thanks Ruthie look forward to meeting you all

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi Guys

I can see there has not been much chatting on the forum of late, I understand
as the weather is here, and we are all busy building our barns.

There has not been much feedback on the festival, I think therefore may be best to cancel.

Also will give others a chance to come along maybe on a better time that suits a few more
field to farmers, K Chally for instance (I cant wait to chat to you LOL) Cornish Gems !

So for now ! (Knowing i'm the furthest away from you all) we will re-arrange !

Other than that hope all ok and Surrey keep learning your welsh !

Ruthie

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Hi Ruthie - have just been looking through this topic - so far the list would appear to be......

Definitely

Ruthie (obviously) plus hubby
SurreyDodger (hopefully will be bringing wife)
Che (are you bringing your son?)
Homegrown 2
Tottenham (needs to let everyone know how many in party)
Sodbuster 2 (same as last year!) plus the dog?
Mountain View
Roger 4

Can let you know week before if definite

Romany 2
ShaunP (we will be seeing him before the end of the week hopefully)
Tony Rollins
Cornish Gems (2 or 3)

We think it would be a shame to cancel immediately as a lot of us are making the most of the better weather and if we can get a lot done in the meantime we may feel we deserve the break the Fest would give us.

Please let the forum know if anyone is missing from the list.

Incidentally, does anyone need a lift from Launceston if we feel able to go?

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi Guys, I have had no feedback in last month, only off Mountain view and Roger.
Just thinking because of the weather being good for a while (after last few months)
seems to be everyone catching up (I'm guessing).

I don't mind maybe Autumn be a better time that's all i'm thinking Ruthie

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi Ruthie, were booked in and looking forward to meeting you all lot of questions as we have just had our offer on 5h
accepted yippeeee. can you pm me with post code please roger

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
I will be there and trust others will make a special effort to attend,,, it's only once in a year afterall :)

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi Guys, it seems silly to have a festival with just a handfull of members so have decided to cancel.
I understand with the weather being the wettest summer so far on record, everyone is extremely busy
catching up before the winter starts again.

I have had one or two e-mail me, with offers of support to this I thank you, but
feel we are all so busy and time so very precious.

we will re-arrange, maybe have a festival every other year.
Hope I havnt offended anyone, just seems everyone flat out (Which is good news really)
and feel it is not fair to drag some away from a very busy schedule for an eight hour drive for a handfull of people.

So to 2013

Ruthie

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We thought that it had been agreed at the last Fest that it would be a good idea to have at least one each year. As Ruthie is working flat out this year and does not feel she has enough time to host one this year, perhaps there is another venue we could use whilst looking forward to visiting Wales in 2013.

If nothing else, we are quite prepared to offer our primitive facilities as an alternative venue. It may not be in beautiful Wales where we have had many a wonderful break but instead it is in wet and windy Cornwall - just over the border from Devon and not far off the A30 dual carriageway. There is room and good access for all kinds of vehicles including (or so we hope) a 40ft articulated lorry, albeit a bit bumpy in one or two places!

If the weather is wet, we can all adjourn to the polytunnel where we have had many a successful BBQ so far this year.

Obviously it cannot be 25 August as then Roger will not be able to come as he has booked in to a campsite in Wales.

ruthie

ruthie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
A lttle dig I feel there Cornish Gems, one I don't feel very comfortable with and feel a little unfair !

Ruthie

roger

roger

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi have cancelled my caravan booking so free to meet in any part of UK.
As a newbie I do feel I need to talk with people who are further down
the road & learn from their experience. Looking forward to meeting some of you asap. (fingers crossed)

Roger

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
Sorry to see that you have had to cancel and I have now found that I would not have been able to make after all.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Shaun - thank you so much for your offer of help to make our 'primitive facilities' much less primitive and a lot more impressive!.

So, if all goes well and as planned, we think that it would be best to book a day in a weekend during the month of October.

SD - do you think there should be a poll like you did for the one last year?

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
well i'll be up for it next year. was away this year and as it didn't actually happen i didn't mis anything.

As a noob i'd like to see a site where the F2F is in full swing?! barn, caravan, anmals well on the way to completion.