Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2F-Fest

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: F2F Fest date (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which date suits best

1. Oct 1st - Saturday (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. Oct 2nd - Sunday (2 votes [8.70%])

3. Oct 6th - Thursday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Oct 7th - Friday (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. Oct 8th - Saturday (2 votes [8.70%])

6. Oct 9th - Sunday (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

7. Oct 13th - Thursday (2 votes [8.70%])

8. Oct 14th - Friday (2 votes [8.70%])

9. Oct 15th - Saturday (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

10. Oct 16th - Sunday (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Count me in. Great idea.

Sodbuster

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
MV - Which Friday? There are 2 options for Friday and a choice of 3 w/e's. Do your best to find a suitable date of those SD has given because we are all hoping to find mutual support and you were already a member of the forum when we joined.

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Lol, come on MV,, there's no escape now :) besdes, if you don't come along you won't be entitled to a personal free gift B) :unsure: :blink: :rolleyes:

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Does the invitation extend to non book owners?

KChally

clarissa

clarissa

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hi, would love to meet fellow F2F rs how exciting! Weekends better to ensure animal sitter oh hang on the LPA said I only need to be here 5 days in the year!!! LOL

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Does the invitation extend to non book owners?

Hi - as far as we are concerned you would be very welcome because of your experiences in satisfying the necessary goals for pp for a permanent dwelling. From what Steve said, we believe the invitation email will go out to all members although we feel it should be limited to include members who have made a certain number of posts and this will then include people like you and MV, because of all your valuable input so far into this site but exclude those who have contributed nothing.

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

MV - Which Friday? There are 2 options for Friday and a choice of 3 w/e's. Do your best to find a suitable date of those SD has given because we are all hoping to find mutual support and you were already a member of the forum when we joined.

Hi CG

Thanks for the push lol

I was only 'just' before you.

I have just been told that my contract is finishing in Sept so bascially as it stands I won't be working straight away so, because I really want to come, I am going to let you all decide the best dates and if I am working I will just book the day off.

I will definitely need loads of help to find my way as I get lost everywhere lol (think I should have been blonde sometimes).

Count me as 1. Any problems and I will let you know prior.

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Okay, list of you hopefully able to give your support to this event are, so far -

Boiow
Cornish Gems
CHE
Hobbitmeadow
Saffire
CanningFarm
Steve
Piglet
Mountain View
Sodbuster
KChally
Clarissa
oh, and me SD :)

As that puts the numbers over ten, it is very encouraging at this stage to see so many giving the idea a thumbs up. I do appreciate also, the qualities you all bring individually. It would also seem at this stage that a Sunday would be the preferred day and to be honest, that would suit me best too.
I will send a map to all who wish to come, of how to get here. Very Loosely, we are about 15 minutes away from the main London to Portsmouth road - A3. If anyone has any wishes for local information please let me know and I will try my best to help.
As a rough agenda, I'll put forward the following:-
Arrive 10-30 fior say 11-00 start.
Proposals for any particular aspects that attendees wish to discuss.
Lunch 1-00 -2.00
2-00 till 3-30 - If anyone would like to put forward anything to discuss, show, present.. please do !!
3-30 onwards. Open Yadda and chill out. I won't evict anyone who wishes to stay on and chat and be sociable.

Okay, that's a loose agenda. I have no worries in pushing things along but I am mindful that this is chance for us all to meet up and get to know one another on many levels. Hence, please be vocal in coming forward. Even silly ideas have there merits,,, and god I know I have had some of them :)

Piglet

Piglet

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
Hi all sounds good - have I missed out on the knowledge of which date this is likely to be or is that yet to be decided.

I would like to have a discussion about how we can bring our plight to the attention of the government or to the media - it sounds dramatic I know but surely there must be a way whereby honest hard working people can be allowed to live on their land sustainable and provide local food with out having to jump through rings for the Local Planning Officers. I feel very strongly about this as you probably know by now. I just can't understand it that we are alll doing what the Government recommends - sustainable farming, diversifying, etc and yet we meet barriers at every turning point. Piglet

Piglet

Piglet

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
Perhaps lunch would be a good opportunity for all of us to bring some of our produce (cooked, of course) for us all to sample. I am happy to bring along some of our sausages and some home made produce from our polytunnel. Piglet

jav

jav

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Surrey

Hope you've had planning permission from lpa for this party ! :rolleyes:

Ruth

Seagulls flying high

Seagulls flying high

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
great idea

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
I pity a planning officer turning up in the middle of our wee Fest. A bluebottle in a greenhouse growing Venus Fly Traps would stand better hope of escape :)

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE

Hi Surrey

Hope you've had planning permission from lpa for this party ! :rolleyes:

Ruth

It would appear SD could hold 14 of these Fests or Markets or other events without PP.

The law is truelly "an ass" thank god it is policed by "donkeys" :lol:
che

greenmeadow

greenmeadow

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi,
we'd like to come as well please.

Green Meadow

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Well done SD shure sounds like a hit , do you have a camp site ? it`s a bit far to travel and return the same day , sounds like a time for car sharing ????????

Shepie

dilangar

dilangar

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWest sussex
Greeting all,
Would it be possible that myself and my good lady attend. Were are going to live a more sustainable life when the funding comes through and looking at possibility. I think my post count might exclude us but were really keen to see other choices and the book has shown an opportunity to do so....

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
All book owners are welcome Dilangar.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We second SD's comment - ALL book owners are invited. As you have the book, we suggest that you pm Steve with the appropriate password so that he can change your status from being classed as a member to being classed as a book owner. There have been several posts on this community forum giving the necessary details, but if you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact one of the Moderators.

For those of you who are not sure, please be reassured that all Moderators, members of staff and Administrators are book owners.

We are hoping that this will prove to be the first get-together of hopefully many and we would like to thank SD for arranging this first one for us all.

May we repeat Shepie's question? Is there any chance of some of us crashing out on the land for one night?

Finally, is there anyone coming from or past Leeds?

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Sorry CG, I missed that request. There have been one or two others asking about staying over and that's fine by me. I'm afraid facilities are sparse but we do have water and plenty of land free. I would like to accomodate within the home if we could but until the East wing is complete, there isn't the room.

If there are those who want to stay over say the evening before, I'm sure we can help rustle up a bit of grub on the barbie or such like. We are ever resourceful so I'm sure we can work things out to everyone's needs one way or another :)