Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2F-Fest

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: F2F Fest date (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which date suits best

1. Oct 1st - Saturday (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. Oct 2nd - Sunday (2 votes [8.70%])

3. Oct 6th - Thursday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Oct 7th - Friday (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. Oct 8th - Saturday (2 votes [8.70%])

6. Oct 9th - Sunday (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

7. Oct 13th - Thursday (2 votes [8.70%])

8. Oct 14th - Friday (2 votes [8.70%])

9. Oct 15th - Saturday (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

10. Oct 16th - Sunday (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Hi all fellow F2F'ers :)

This is something I have had in the back of my mind for ages and now want to put it out there for everyone's consideration.

Would fellow F2F'es be interested in having a get together at some point to firstly just get to know one another that little bit better,,, it would be nice to put some faces to the names afterall,,, and secondly, give us all a moment to discuss face to face the dilemmas, problems and hurdles we all have to face on a daily basis. It doesn't have to be all about planning issues as we have all seen there are those amongst us with particular knowledge in specific subjects.

I am quite willing to hold this at our land down in West Sussex. I am somewhat concerned though that we do not have any barns or shelter big enough to accomodate just yet. There is also the factor that we are down in the corner of the UK which might be unfair to any having to travel from opposite ends of the country.

Just leaving the location and date issues aside for the moment (of course, all comments would be regarded in that direction :) ). is there an interest from enough F2F'ers to make this worth further consideration?

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
good idea. we will come.
we can all bring food and drink. better to be midday or afternoon though because of travelling, getting back for animals, etc.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Now why didn't anyone else think of this? Well done sd on once again being a leading light.

How about using a couple of marquees? Can we bring the rest of the family?

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Good idea SD location could be overcome by holding any future meets in other areas.

Can we invite "Wiseowl" :)
che

hobbitmeadow

hobbitmeadow

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
we also would like to attend.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Hi - just a thought, but we think we ought to find out whether our leader would be well enough to attend and if so when would be the best day of the week so far as he is concerned although we do think it agree that it should be during the day.

saffire

saffire

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUK - location withheld ( paranoia)
hi all

What a great idea.
I would like to attend - but would be dependant upon the day of the week. (still doing a day job mon - wed)
Saffire

Canning Farm

Canning Farm

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
A very kind offer I must say

I would be interested in learning hearing face to face how all you troopers are getting on.

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Okay, from the comments above so far -

I am quite happy to hold it at our place (we are just north of Petworth) but if anyone else is happy to host please feel very welcome to offer. My only concern in holding it here is as I said before, we do not have a barn or the like available to use if the weather is inclement. However, I have got one of those 10ftx30ft large white marquees and quite a few chairs which could probably hold 20 or so folks.

Good idea Boiow. If everyone brings a little something to eat and drink, that would come as a great releif to my wife :)

Corniish, all are welcome,,, does that include great grandparents as well !!

Time and date??? Pretty flexible really. Weekday or weekend is fine though might I suggest that if it is on the weekend, folks who are working, as like Saffire might not otherwise be avialable.

It's probably best to hold it in daylight time, i.e. something like 10.30am to 4.30pm (very 'ish).

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We are of course willing to offer our place, but as it is in North Cornwall, we suspect it might be even further away for people! Thank you for saying we can bring the family members. What about Dave and/or Steve?

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
I think it's a good idea. If you can determine a date and location I'll send out an email to everyone promoting it.

Depending on the details I might even drive down and take some pictures (obviously only of those people who are agreeable)

Piglet

Piglet

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
I would like to come too! The sooner the better I reckon as I think we should lobby the Government to allow for people like us to live on our own land - even if there is a condition that the land cannot be sold as residential or even if the residence is only for the lifetime of the occupant, etc. I feel very strongly that the countryside should not just be a place for day trippers, it should be for people to live in and work in. Maybe discussions like this could be held at the meeting and ideas mooted by us all. Piglet

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
We are on the same wavelength Piglet :)

Just a word on possible date for our wee meeting. I am not available through Sept. as we are lambing during that month. However, any time after that is fine.

If I threw in a date of Saturday 8th of October, how does that fit with you all.

Let's have a few more peeps coming forward to support this too. As I say, all are welcome. It would be gratifying to see somewhere between 10 to 20 attending be they new or old to the F2F forum.

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi SD I will be flying back to blighty that day from hols. Sunday would be good for me or later. Suspect whatever day you pick may cause a problem for someone so dont get hooked up on a day. I can allways catch the next one if I have to miss this one. Good Luck I am sure you should reach the figure especially if Steve promotes it by email
che

surreydodger

surreydodger

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Maybe a poll will help,,, :) see top of page.

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi all

I would love to attend but October is not good for me as not only do I seem to like taking on the lpa I also take the police on because of their driving skills on country roads - (or should I say lack of them?) and am due to attend court between the dates of 8th October and 28th October. I apparently have to be free to attend whichever day the court chooses and attend. They ended up on top of my vehicle after rallying round a blind bend!

Who says life is boring?

Piglet

Piglet

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
I don't think I would be able to come that day as I have a school reunion - however, given the choice, I would probably come to the F2F Fest.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We are not available 1st Oct and there will be 40th birthday party either on the 8th or 15th - if the Fest is on one of these then we can arrange the birthday party to be on the other date. Other than that we are easy.

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE

Hi all

I would love to attend but October is not good for me as not only do I seem to like taking on the lpa I also take the police on because of their driving skills on country roads - (or should I say lack of them?) and am due to attend court between the dates of 8th October and 28th October. I apparently have to be free to attend whichever day the court chooses and attend. They ended up on top of my vehicle after rallying round a blind bend!

Who says life is boring?

HI MV

Most courts do not sit SAT or SUN might be worth checking. If you do come be careful on the bends :)
che

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

HI MV

Most courts do not sit SAT or SUN might be worth checking. If you do come be careful on the bends :)

You are a rascal Che! ;~)

I am attending the Horse of the year show on the friday so will have to catch up on farm duties the rest of the weekend as I also work full time xxx No rest for the wicked!