Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Highland Beef for sale ready for Christmas

For sale

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jav

jav

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi guys

We have a lovely chunky Highland Steer 2 years old which we will be selling for meat, we have arranged the slaughter house for end Oct and will be hanging our carcass for 28 days.

The meat will be ready for the Christmas period, this is the first time we are selling one of our highlands for beef,
so have not worked out a price as yet per kg. He has been grass fed and a real nice looking steer.

We are going to sell our meat in boxes i think, fillet, sirloin, rump, beef pieces and mince.

if anybody is interested please pm me, but more than that has anyone sold beef up to now, price wise what should I be looking at. I want to be reasonable for customers to want to come back for more.

Any advice as always greatfully recieved, we have another steer who will be ready next summer.

Thanks ruth

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Hi,

About 3 years ago we had a few beef cattle (simmentals, herefords) and occasionally we used to sell the beef in 8 portions of about 25kg each plus loads of mince bags. I think we costed it at £180 per portion, which we thought was a very fair price. Our cattle was grass fed too and we slaughtered at 29 months and also hung it for 28 days, it was fantastic, never had anything like it since. Never had a problem selling at this price either.

Hubby wants cattle again but at the moment we are concentrating on our pigs.

Hope this helps

KChally

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For sale