Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Refused 3 year temporary because no mains services

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Hi Clarissa,

I'm pleased to hear you got a man from John Nix to come down and discuss the workings on SMD. Did he put anything in writing in the end? It would be a fantastic piece of evidence to have to hand to demonstrate that the working practices attributed to large famrs are non applicable to smaller farms and practices.

Keep up the stirling work :)

(and it was a hen !!!!! :) :) )

clarissa

clarissa

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hi Clarissa,

I'm pleased to hear you got a man from John Nix to come down and discuss the workings on SMD. Did he put anything in writing in the end? It would be a fantastic piece of evidence to have to hand to demonstrate that the working practices attributed to large famrs are non applicable to smaller farms and practices.

Keep up the stirling work :)

(and it was a hen !!!!! :) :) )

LOL poor henpecked surrydodger ;)

Bad news: sadly further written evidence and report would cost £600.
Good news: this can be confirmed by the very author of John Nix pocketbook. Just I have decided to follow all of the F2F advice and go for the resubmission of planning option first.

Please find below the response from the author which does briefly confirm

Dear Karen & Simon.

Thank you for your email. As you will see I have passed it across my colleagues desk, (George Cooke) who is an agricultural planning advisor.
As his reply states, the Pocketbook is only part of the answer in these situations, and is mostly focussed towards ‘mainstream’ commodity farming, whereas yours is rather different.
Please feel free to contact George who will be pleased to help.

Best wishes and kind regards
Graham Redman

Editor

EmmaSalmon

EmmaSalmon

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I think the appeal people like to see an ammended application, as it shows a willingness to work with the council to address the reasons for refusal. Sometimes they will even turn down an appeal and suggest a rethink and reapplication. If the 2nd application gets turned down then the appeal for that one can draw attention to the planning history, and show that you have addrssed the issues which were raised by the council (obviously the things they didnt mention are deemed acceptable) and that despite this you were still refused. you thenm proceed with the 2nd application to free appeal. This is the point we are at right now (for a farm diversification project, so not strictly F2F stuff) and we have taken on a planning consultant to do all the legwork on the appeal, as although I was able to spend nearly 2 years doing all the paperwork for the application I wanted someone who knew planning law inside out to do the final attack.

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
I love that "final attack" lol

KChally

davo

davo

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

hiya

your find under animal welfare you can stay on land if theres bad weather, if its 2 hot 2 cold if it rains we live in england !!!!

thats gov legislation look for yourself............

we are sign up 2 met office thay email at least once a week sometimes everyday we just cant seem to leave......but dont live there!!!

also im off grid solar panels work great