Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Washing Machnie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
Does anyone know if you need mains water pressure to work a washing machine,I have 1000litre ibc container 10ft above machine but it does seem to want to work,I have already killed a good machine by not using a surge protector form the genie!
This machine has a hot and cold inlet i just blanked the hot one off,was thinking if it needs more pressure I could put a 12v sureflo pump in line Any ideas ?

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Hi Groundhog,

Are you getting an error code showing up on the machine?

I had probs with mine on the electrics front but that was down to a hired genny that wasn't pumping a clean 240vlts. I'd have though so long as you have a few psi of water pressure, the machine would draw it until it hits the required amount.

SD :)

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
1st machine only had a cold inlet it did 1 wash then wouldnt progress onto 2nd cycle when i tried the second load
2nd machine has hot and cold inlets have tried both but doesnt seem to want to take the water in.wondering if my genie isnt pushing out 240 clean.Its getting a bit expensive plus my barn is filling up with washing machines,im going to get a twin tub as they only use about 700w and you can top fill them with a hose

brook farm

brook farm

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

if you have hot and cold inlet you must connect both you can you use a y piece so that they can be supplied from the single hose

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west
i would imagine at the age of this post, the washing machine is now gone lol….we have a twin tub…and a tea earn …warm up the water in the urn then pour a load into twin tub…forget luxury ..but you do get clean clothes

brook farm

brook farm

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

lol yes realised after posted it   we used tea urn to heat water for bath when our gas boiler packed up took a long time to get enough water hot