Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deleting Sex Classifieds

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
It is easy for us to be able delete spam under all the boards save the new one about Classifieds. Although we can label the poster as a spammer, we have not been able to discover how to delete the actual topic. We really are not interested in sex movies - no time, you see.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Belay that me hearties - found it!! All gone now! We do so hope that none of you wanted to buy the leaked Miley Cyrus fake sex tape because the link has niow been deleted. However, we are sure that Dave C would be able to find it for you - he seems to be able to find a link for most subjects if you're that desperate! LOL

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
LOL!

I'll see if there are any settings I can change to reduce the spam. I do have some good news.. I've promoted Lynne to moderator status. She doesn't realise it yet but she complained about the sex classifieds. So now she can delete them :)

Give someone a fishing rod etc..

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
That's the way to do it!
One more posting Steve and you will be Lord of the Manor and surely being Farmer Giles for less than 48 hours would be a record?

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
I'll have to update the ranks to require more posts now a bunch of people are at the highest. If anyone has job role definitions for the LPA I'd appreciate if you posted them. I could use those to fill out the lower tiers lol

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Ah but the trouble with choosing job definitions for the LPA is that very few of them , if any, would be complimentary! How about putting some farm animals in the lower ranks before they eventually reach Wurzel which is/was a scarecrow at one time. Something like Chicken, Pussycat, Doggywog, Piggywig, etc. lol

That way we might get a chance to be Farmer Giles for a while, because by the time those ranks had been reinstated we were past it.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Ah but the trouble with choosing job definitions for the LPA is that very few of them , if any, would be complimentary! How about putting some farm animals in the lower ranks before they eventually reach Wurzel which is/was a scarecrow at one time. Something like Chicken, Pussycat, Doggywog, Piggywig, etc. lol

That way we might get a chance to be Farmer Giles for a while, because by the time those ranks had been reinstated we were past it.

:lol: Far better than 'member', 'advanced member' etc isn't it! hehe :D

How about starting with the livestock peeps most usually start with when setting up a smallholding (other than cats and dogs) which I think would be chickens, then building up through size of livestock (i.e. ducks, geese, turkey, sheep, pig, cow etc) but in a fun way as suggested by Cornish Gems? :)

Romany

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

:lol: Far better than 'member', 'advanced member' etc isn't it! hehe :D

How about starting with the livestock peeps most usually start with when setting up a smallholding (other than cats and dogs) which I think would be chickens, then building up through size of livestock (i.e. ducks, geese, turkey, sheep, pig, cow etc) but in a fun way as suggested by Cornish Gems? :)

Romany

It is done :)

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
It seems a shame that someone can just 'join' our community and then place a classified ad. It is a pity they do not have to be a book owner first. We only mention this because of the amount of spam we seem to be receiving.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
I could do that but it would be based on the book members group. That only has about 50 people in it at the moment with the other 1650 being in the members group. A lot of people are using the password from the book to login to Ask Dave instead of pm'ing me I guess.

Restricting to 50 people seemed like there wouldn't be much point in a classifieds section :)