Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Articles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Would anybody be interested in writing some articles related to the subject matter contained on this forum? It's clear from forum topic replies that we have members with some really cool ideas about how things can be done better, or how the establishment should be changed. We get a glimpse of these views by reading the replies but I think it would be very interesting to read a cohesive whole. The articles could range from topics like "the best way to keep pigs" to "what the planning system would look like if I ran the world".

If at least one person shows an in interest I'll create a forum section for people to create topics that become articles that we publish. The way I'd see it working is that someone would create a topic, members could add their input or alternate view which could be addressed by editing the initial post by the article author and when ready I'd publish it via our newsletter and on other sites. I'd give it my GCSE A grade english level of spelling, punctuaton and grammar checking lol The author would get full credit.

What's in it for people? Well, I guess your own personal soapbox for one thing. Also, if you have a website I'd make sure that you got a link back from everwhere we advertised the article. You'd get member interaction from the forum to maybe debate some of the areas you are really interested in. I'm pretty sure it would drive forum membership also (which is the reason I'm suggesting this, besides actually wanting to read them :) ).

Let me know what you think. If it seems boring and people prefer just answering specific questions then I'll drop the subject.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Sounds cool. Interested in what others think... I for one am always on a soapbox at home ;) so would have no objections to raising our collective F2F profile (or individual ones) at all :D

Romany

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)

when ready I'd publish it via our newsletter

Newsletter? Have we been missing out on something?

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Newsletter? Have we been missing out on something?

Not really, although if we had articles I'd restart them. We sent out a newsletter when the first book came out and was subsequently altered slightly and the newsletter explained the modifications. Then a second one advertised the forum, business case template and second book.

If we had articles I'd start spamming the people who signed up to the newsletter again (and reopen sign up).

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
We have come across a useful leaflet, 'Lead Acid Battery Rejuvenation and Upkeep Guide' but are not sure to where to copy it. Any ideas anyone?

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi, it's probably easiest to create a new forum topic under articles and post the information there. I can then copy and paste into the articles section on the site.

I've started to post stuff I find on the web into http://www.fieldtofarm.com/articles again if anyone is interested.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

We have come across a useful leaflet, 'Lead Acid Battery Rejuvenation and Upkeep Guide' but are not sure to where to copy it. Any ideas anyone?

Did you post it CGs? If so where? I've read a book from the library (about creating your own power) which had a section on this. Would be good to read your leaflet as well.

Romany

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Sorry Ro - but we did not. At least we think we didn't. And we have done a search for 'lead battery' and not come up with anything looking possible.

Neither do we know what we have done with the leaflet!

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Steve - it was mentioned in Chat that it might be a good idea to upload more pics in Gallery.

Please do you think you could do an article that would make us realise how easy it is?