Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

worms wanted

Wanted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi. I would like to purchase a smallish amount of worms in order to start breeding from-the worms not me- Perhaps a bucket full or thereabouts.Please email me if that is possible or reply on this section.

Thanks

Sodbuster

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hi Sodbuster
Not sure if they are the same species but if you have a compost heap and decide to move it, you will probably find hundreds of worms (usually in the bottom 6"). I think the ones in mine are usually brandlings. Maybe not a bucketful but enough to start you off?

I'm thinking of a worm pit as well so it would be good to hear how you get on. I obviously need to do a bit more research first though...

Romany

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi Romany.Thank's for the reply.I believe the worms most used are the dendrodaena,not sure why. This is the species i would be looking to buy. These are the type you can buy from the large producers at a very expensive rate.I will let you know how i get on when i get started.

Sodbuster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted