Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the farmershort diaries

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

farmershort

farmershort

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi All,

I bought Dave's book about a year ago now. The small holding / farming dream has been in me much longer than that, but I feel it's now finally getting close. We have had some chats, and done outline calculations, with a company who provide land mortgages. All we need now is to find the right piece of land in the right location, and for the housing market to pick up just a smidgen more (or save a little bit more).

I now feel that we can't be any more than 2 years away from buying a plot of land. I dearly hope it's less time than that, but 2 more years isn't then end of the world, and will also coincide with my 30th year of life.

I will make every effort to publish any relevant progress, and helpful info, on this diary as time goes on.

wish us luck :)

farmersarl

farmersarl

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just read your diary note posted 17th November 2010 and wondered how you have got on over the past two years up to now?

I am working in a city farm in London and have 2 years until I can realise my dream of having a smallholding of my own.

Hope to hear good things from your experience? smile.gif