Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spreadsheet Free Range Eggs

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi All,
Interesting spreadsheet on this site which could be used and varied to suit your circumstances. Other stuff looks interesting as well.

http://www.lohmanngb...nformation.html

Dave C
che

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Hi Dave

Thanks for that i just had a quick look and there is some realy useful info there , all we need now are one for cattle / sheep / pigs and some true feed costs oh and vet /med / electric :D great stuff Dave c keep it up .

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi Dave

Thanks for that i just had a quick look and there is some realy useful info there , all we need now are one for cattle / sheep / pigs and some true feed costs oh and vet /med / electric :D great stuff Dave c keep it up .

Yep Shepie - and about 10 acres to store the Guano!!!! (Chicken s***). I think Dave C is very brave (but off his head!!!) £23 grand from eggs!!! Ho-ho ------ buried in guano!!!! :lol:

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hey HMOTW,

I thought you were on our side, and dont be telling everyone i am off my head this was previously a secret. It was also my backup position for not paying council tax. Recovering from mental illness ia also an exemption. Imagine the scene me sat there surrounded by Chicken S*i* dribbling over my planning files. Outcome no council tax and no authority on earth would evict me.
On a more serious note we are selling at the gate at £2.20 doz and are planning to keep less than 1000 and still pass the viability test. All eggs sold direct via egg round.
Hope you were joking about the 10acres cos we have only got 9 :D
Looks like we might be selling chicken manure on the egg round (every cloud has a silver lining). :)

Dave C
che

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Hope you are nowhere near me Dave as that is also my plan and has been for 10 years + , there could be a turf war and some supermarket price undercutting .

We only intend to charge £2.19 and you get a free bag of chicken s**t if you like it or not as we only got 8.5 acres :lol:

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hey HMOTW,

I thought you were on our side, and dont be telling everyone i am off my head this was previously a secret. It was also my backup position for not paying council tax. Recovering from mental illness ia also an exemption. Imagine the scene me sat there surrounded by Chicken S*i* dribbling over my planning files. Outcome no council tax and no authority on earth would evict me.
On a more serious note we are selling at the gate at £2.20 doz and are planning to keep less than 1000 and still pass the viability test. All eggs sold direct via egg round.
Hope you were joking about the 10acres cos we have only got 9 :D
Looks like we might be selling chicken manure on the egg round (every cloud has a silver lining). :) Dave C

Ha! But have you got a manure shifting licence ---- and I'm not kidding! Can't even give it away without licence (I think). Just realised - THAT'S where the missing planning officer is! :D

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Ha! But have you got a manure shifting licence ---- and I'm not kidding! Can't even give it away without licence (I think). Just realised - THAT'S where the missing planning officer is! :D
p.s. £2.20 doz very cheap --- Tesco is charging £1.65 1/2 doz for THAT sort of free range egg - i.e. 1000 birds to acre. I have been selling the odd few for £1.50 1/2 doz.

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi HMOTW,
We do intend to charge more for the delivered ones the cart sales are to encourage locals to engage with us. You dont need enemies on the journey we are contemplating. With £3.00 doz you could crack viability with 350 and avoid all sizing and stamping regulations allways a plus. The egground encompasses traceability, reduced food miles and better welfare conditions. Complies with the Article 21 we have signed up to.
Your right about the S*i* S*i*t*n* but probably applies to them big tractors and the pratts that dump the S*i* anywhere. We would smuggle ours out in little bags. You might laugh but look what they achieved in the "Great Escape" :D

Dave C
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi HMOTW,
We do intend to charge more for the delivered ones the cart sales are to encourage locals to engage with us. You dont need enemies on the journey we are contemplating. With £3.00 doz you could crack viability with 350 and avoid all sizing and stamping regulations allways a plus. The egground encompasses traceability, reduced food miles and better welfare conditions. Complies with the Article 21 we have signed up to.
Your right about the S*i* S*i*t*n* but probably applies to them big tractors and the pratts that dump the S*i* anywhere. We would smuggle ours out in little bags. You might laugh but look what they achieved in the "Great Escape" :D

Dave C

I agree with you Dave, but it is to any movement of waste - large or small.... that is why you hardly ever see "free manure for collection" outside farm gates ----- but really, what a load of bull manure!!!! :D

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Natural manure is a precious commodity now. Due to the increse in artifical fertiliser costs, farmers are realising that what they once gave away for free now has a value. Poultry poo is one of the higher priced poos so if anyone is giving it away for free,,, let me know :)

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Yes at 24%n why give it away and buy in the same for £8 / bag don`t sell it spread it :D just keep away from the ditches etc..

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
and of course, its been known for its attributes when applied externally to the local planning office :)

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Natural manure is a precious commodity now. Due to the increse in artifical fertiliser costs, farmers are realising that what they once gave away for free now has a value. Poultry poo is one of the higher priced poos so if anyone is giving it away for free,,, let me know :)

Tut, tut! SD you should know better - Environmental Waste Movement licence required :angry: ..... or you WILL be in the s***! :D

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi HMOTW,
If you think what we are doing is bad :D Check this out http://thebovine.wor...chicken-manure/ :angry:

What a sales pitch for Brittish Beef unless Nooooo
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi HMOTW,
If you think what we are doing is bad :D Check this out http://thebovine.wor...chicken-manure/ :angry:

What a sales pitch for Brittish Beef unless Nooooo

You couldn't make it up --- 70% chicken manure 30% hay ----- is the manure genetically modified??? Truly Amazing! :o

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi HMOTW,
Eureka moment can I deliver it as beef ration :D :D

Dave C
che

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

I agree with you Dave, but it is to any movement of waste - large or small.... that is why you hardly ever see "free manure for collection" outside farm gates ----- but really, what a load of bull manure!!!! :D

Where's this legislation that you cannot sell or give it away without a licence? In Swadlincote, Derbyshire, the council collect animal bedding in their 'garden waste' bins. What's the difference as some people do have chickens in the garden? :huh:

In Lincolnshire you still see bags of horse manure by the roadside - either free or cheap. Is it just farm animals' dung that is restricted or is it a blanket ban? :unsure:

Romany

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Where's this legislation that you cannot sell or give it away without a licence? In Swadlincote, Derbyshire, the council collect animal bedding in their 'garden waste' bins. What's the difference as some people do have chickens in the garden? :huh:

In Lincolnshire you still see bags of horse manure by the roadside - either free or cheap. Is it just farm animals' dung that is restricted or is it a blanket ban? :unsure:

Romany

Hi Romany - the council have blanket licence to collect anything they wish.
Anyway, after checking, I am half right/ half wrong. This link will explain http://www.surreycc....ce?opendocument

However - note part 7 which is a catch-all if they want to use it. I think some councils interpret it different than others - I know my council insists on licence! :(

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi HMOTW,

I'd best get bagging then :) How many bags do you think I will need for 10tons :D

Dave C
che

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi HMOTW,

I'd best get bagging then :) How many bags do you think I will need for 10tons :D

Dave C

Ha! Use the well known supermarket carrier bags... filling them will keep you off the computer for the next ten years..... result - happy wife! B)