Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mozilla v Internet Explore - Edit prooblem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Hi All,

No idea what the cause is,, one of those techi things beyond my ken,,, but I find when using Firefox Mozilla browser, I can not edit posts in certain forums (I think the only one I can is Ask Dave). The editing function works fine in Internet Explorer so for anyone else suffering such problems, that may be your solution to.

Not that I care for Internet Explorer. I find it loads much slower as is just a bit cumbersome in compariosn to Firefox,,, and also, Mr 'Oh so squeaky clean all of a sudden after having sold crap for years at exhorbitant prices' Gates, is not someone I particularly care to prescribe to.

Seems the new forum edition has this problem licked :)

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
as the new forum theme fixed this?

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
See original post .. thx Steve :)

hobbitmeadow

hobbitmeadow

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
MMMMM MS Internet explorer, as an ex employee of MR B Gates I can say first hand just for pure security reasons is good enough to use Firefox .
Since leaving the company in 2004 I have used nothing but LINUX as Windows has more security flaws than a rusty sieve.
Even the latest releases.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
I too would recommend the latest version of Firefox. Whenever I make changes I open the site up in a bunch of browsers to test but Firefox is what I use 99% of the time and is what will always look best.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
We concur Firefox is by far much better than MS Explorer, we now have a small tablet that uses Android and it appears to be up to scratch and does a good if not better job thn MS. Mr Gates has forced people to use Explorer for too long and as HM says Windows has more security leaks than a sieve. And as for updates it seems to be updating every week and takes masses of space on the HD.

Well that's our point of view. End of rant.

CG

hobbitmeadow

hobbitmeadow

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
For all you that have windows on a lap top if you ever fancy a late night leave your laptop connected to the Internet get your self a nice drink and a good tv program or movie between 1 AM and 2AM glancing over at laptop every once in a while you wil see your Hard drive light go on overtime flashing away all to its self as your privacy gets invaded. this will happen most nights of the week all year round.

If anyone tries this and wants to know the reason please PM me and i will give you the answer.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)

Since 2004 I have used nothing but LINUX as Windows has more security flaws than a rusty sieve.
Even the latest releases.

So is there a LINUX OS for a laptop?

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
linux mint , http://linuxmint.com/
i am currently using katya, can never go back to microsoft after linux. will work on laptop as long as you have 1 gb of memory