Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cockerel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Hi - I am an eight month old Maran/ Old English Pheasant Fowl cross. Really handsome I have the black and white barred feathers of my Maran mum but my long tail and some wing and neck feathers have the irridescent colours of my dad - the Old English Pheasant Fowl. My most attractive feature (my owners laugh at it) is my bright yellow long legs. I need a new home because my dad and his bro are strating to give me a hard time --- I am completely free range - even my wings aren't clipped. I sleep on the stable doors/walls and even manage to get onto the really high fluorescent lights using a series of death-defying ledges. BUT the foxes can't get us. Because I cannot use ledges to get back down I tend to hit the ground running when I fly off the laights - hence my good strong yellow legs!

My owner want no money for me at all, just a very good home where I am not destined for what they call "Sunday roast". I can fly free of charge to anywhere between Glasgow and Crewe and am available immediately (well as soon as my box is packed).

Hope to here from you soon - Best regards - "Son of Spot"
p.s. would appreciate it if you had a few tasty chicks waiting for me! :D

Jimsky05

Jimsky05

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Good luck with finding a new home with tasty chicks. I'm a moran too and am also proud of my tail feathers and long yellow legs. The name's Charlie and due to too many cockerels I too was offered free to a good home rather than going in a pot, don't you just love pathetically soft humans! My owner put a little note up in the local animal feed place and I now live in a stunning place with lovely views and some very tasty hens, who love my tail feathers!

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
I have watched Chicken Run with my owners (my pets) - I actually vreak into their caravan (hutch) whilst their back is turned---- mind you the old fox terrier has come a bit close, but a raised beak at eye level soon changes his mind! Anyway, watched Chicken Run and THEY smuggled somebody in amongst them - any chance???? p.s. I am watching in case my owner plants any sage or even onions!

Jimsky05

Jimsky05

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
its an option but you may need a pilots license!!