Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

surface water and sewage flooding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

davidc

davidc

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi

I've touched upon some of the problems earlier that I'am having with Northumbrian Water and although this isn't a planning issue (though where they site can have planning implications and is for me), as much land out there does have aparatus belonging to the various utilities on it, I thought that some land owning members may have similar experiences.

I had a meeting with a couple of their directors yesterday and two other land owners. Great opportunity to vent some anger and frustrations at what they've done (or not done) and their multiple episodes of negligence. Whether or not anything transpires, remains to be seen as I got the feeling that although they were listening, they just wanted to present "the right image" at the moment and find out what sort of threat Bev's growing group is going to become (fight against the water utilities on facebook).

However, it became very apparent that there appears to be a link with stock dying shortly after being exposed to land that has been flooded with "surface water" or raw sewage. I'm now aware of 4 out of 4 people who've lost horses / cattle - in total 6 horses and 2 cows. This has been previously healthy stock that have either been found dead or died as a result of colicy / botulisum type symptoms soon after exposure. This very small sample appears to suggest a link to me - anyone else got similar experiences of this flooding / contamination - any deaths / effects on the livestock?

I had one field that was continually being flooded with raw sewage and would not put my horses on it for years as I felt that it was too dangerous and knew that Northumbrian Water would not accept any liability.

Naturally Northumbrian Water deny any responsibility or link (and legally the water authorities are not responsible for what actually goes through the sewer sytems (yet they are charging people to transport it away and treat it), but does anyone have anything to share??

Thanks

David

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

davidc

davidc

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts