Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

water utility company problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

davidc

davidc

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hope this is not going to far off the forum topic, but any landowners with water companies' aparatus on it is likely to experience a nightmare in trying to get any problems resolved. And the real sore point is how much the law is in their favour.

I've had a major long on going fight with Northumbrian Water because of their incompetence and neglect of an ancient sewage pipe on my land. they eventually came up with a bodge solution and after much negligence on their and their contractors part, installed a new, much bigger pipe and a couple of CSOs on my land. This has, I believe, directly impacted on my neighbour, who has now had sewage outbursts on his land. I have still not got a satisfactory compensation deal thrashed out (even with a land agent involved), and the cheeky bXXXers are once more threatening me with a ccj for my refusal to settle a water bill until they get this mess sorted.

I recently found this link on facebook :- http://www.facebook....1?ref=ts&v=wall - as a result of years of battling Northumbrian Water for a system thats had an even bigger impact on their lives, they are fighting to change the law and help others in a similar situation - including presenting a petition to the House of Lords and a united front against the water utilities. plus its an opportunity to share experiences / knowledge and information.

cheers

David