Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Objections and maps

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Hi
There was a post about Planners etc. looking on maps. Well the SEPA (the Scottish Environmental Agency) made an objection on the grounds that I was on a flood plain. I phoned them and asked if they had been down and looked or just looked on the map - they admitted that they had looked on the map...... when I pointed out that the disused railway line between my place and the river was in fact a 12 foot embankment they agreed, lifted their objection AND sanctioned a direct outfall from septic tank into the river..... not even a biogester (which I had offered). They were great to deal with, very helpful indeed..... I only wish the Planners went to the same training school. Anyway, just pointing out the map v on-site. Good luck - HMOTW