Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drawings of my Dream House

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sapphire

Sapphire

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Hi

I am selling my Architect's drawings of my dream house that I have now built at my livery stable.

You may be interested to see the type of house you could get permission for as although my house has an equestrian tie, the rules are the same as for a dwelling with an agricultural tie if that's the route you are taking.

The house has 3 bedrooms and open plan living downstairs which makes it appear bigger than it is.

I was restricted to size by the planning department to the size of an agricultural workers cottage, but it's plenty big enough and very pretty as it's L-shaped and built in the style of a barn conversion, although actually better than the average barn conversion as it's got a huge 2 storey window, whereas actual barn conversions are usually not allowed as much in the way of windows. Behind the window I've got a glass spiral staircase (by the way I got the staircase from China if anyone is interested, for a fraction of what they cost in the UK)

If anyone is interested in the drawings, please message me and make me an offer.

Best Wishes

PumpkinEater

PumpkinEater

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScotland
Hi - if you had done as much research as the rest of us, then you would know what kind of plans various planners will approve and what kind they will not. It really boils down to one or two facts and the fact that you gained permission for your 'dream house' does not necessarily mean that someone else can do the same using identical plans.

It depends on the area that one lives in. It also depends on who one knows. For instance, did you know that planning applications are debated at a Parish Council level? If, by any chance your child has upset the child of one of the councilors then perhaps it would not be as easy as you seem to be indicating. What has worked for you may not work for anyone else not in your precise circumstances and location.

Dave's system works. If anyone does not want to go that route, then I would suggest that they do a really big search of all the planning applications, both approved and refused in the particular area in which their land is. Also, find out about whether appeals have had any success. Read the Parish Council Minutes and see whether you are likely to have any support for your project from them.

THEN, and only then, think about what kind of plans one is going to need for a 'dream house'. Please remember that one person's idea of a dream house is not necessarily the same as someone else's otherwise every single house would look exactly the same because only one kind of house would sell and no-one would want anything different.

There is no way I would fork out money for plans without seeing full details of them first. They may not be what I want. I'd rather spend the money on a couple of plants.

Indeed, I am surprised that this kind of posting is allowed on this site.

Sapphire

Sapphire

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Hi PumpkinEater, I'm very sorry, I had no intention of upsetting anyone and I do seem to have upset you.

I was merely offering the plans to anyone who might be interested, if no one's interested, no problem, and if anyone is interested they can certainly look at them first.

Also I don't doubt that Dave's system can work, indeed I intend to build another house using his system.

However, whilst I am confident that his system will work to gain the temporary permission for 5 years, because of those loopholes that he's spotted (well done Dave - enabling a barn to be built and a mobile home to be moved on), Dave has stated that there are no guarantees that approval will be granted for the permanent dwelling and I suspect that it is highly unlikely that any such permission will be acceptable at Parish or District level, and the only option to anyone at this stage will be to go to Appeal, in which case my advice would be to get help from people with experience in this area, otherwise everything that has been invested for 5 years will be for nothing.

Best Wishes

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi Sapphire,

Welcome to the forum do not worry you did not upset the vast majority of board members who I am sure will value what you can add due to your experience of the planning system. You will find many on this site who share your love of horses.

Dave C
che

Sapphire

Sapphire

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.

Guest_Hope_*

Guest_Hope_*
  • Guests

Hi

I am selling my Architect's drawings of my dream house that I have now built at my livery stable.

You may be interested to see the type of house you could get permission for as although my house has an equestrian tie, the rules are the same as for a dwelling with an agricultural tie if that's the route you are taking.

The house has 3 bedrooms and open plan living downstairs which makes it appear bigger than it is.

I was restricted to size by the planning department to the size of an agricultural workers cottage, but it's plenty big enough and very pretty as it's L-shaped and built in the style of a barn conversion, although actually better than the average barn conversion as it's got a huge 2 storey window, whereas actual barn conversions are usually not allowed as much in the way of windows. Behind the window I've got a glass spiral staircase (by the way I got the staircase from China if anyone is interested, for a fraction of what they cost in the UK)

If anyone is interested in the drawings, please message me and make me an offer.

Best Wishes

I'd like to see them.

justdoit

justdoit

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationspalding

Hi

Best Wishes

justdoit

justdoit

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationspalding

Hi PumpkinEater, I'm very sorry, I had no intention of upsetting anyone and I do seem to have upset you.

I was merely offering the plans to anyone who might be interested, if no one's interested, no problem, and if anyone is interested they can certainly look at them first.

Also I don't doubt that Dave's system can work, indeed I intend to build another house using his system.

However, whilst I am confident that his system will work to gain the temporary permission for 5 years, because of those loopholes that he's spotted (well done Dave - enabling a barn to be built and a mobile home to be moved on), Dave has stated that there are no guarantees that approval will be granted for the permanent dwelling and I suspect that it is highly unlikely that any such permission will be acceptable at Parish or District level, and the only option to anyone at this stage will be to go to Appeal, in which case my advice would be to get help from people with experience in this area, otherwise everything that has been invested for 5 years will be for nothing.

Best Wishes
I feel quite bad about the book being used for property developing, i saw this as a way of life. for people wanting to live in the country. kinda doesnt sit well with me when you have your dream house thats the point when you say ok lets not take the P out off a situation......... maybe its me and old age. This is where we need the odd planner perhaps.