Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wind

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Went out this morning to find our new pig arc had cleared 2 fences and landed 100 yards from where it started lodged against another fence
Hope the rest of you survived ok

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Has it been that windy over yours? Apart from rain it's been pretty still over our place

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
That was last night , just fitted the first section of door beam 20 ft soaking but it's up there :-)

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Wowsers. We've had wind and plenty of rain but nothing like that strength

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
I believe it's on it's way over to you tonight after its finished here 80 mph
You should be fine trees around you , we are on the highest hill round here apart from Dartmoor
But it beets flooding any day :-)

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Nice touch there shepie 😂

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west
yep..high winds down here, not much damage apart from 1 little chicken coop…no flooding though ...

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Same here but no damage and all the water ran down the hill to the flood plains like it should , sun out now :-)

bramblebasher

bramblebasher

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 509 posts

Yep I lost a solar panel from a rogue sheet of OSB, might have been the whole array if my head hadn't been in the way first, medic! In another OSB sheet incident a good friend flew off the new mobile home roof after picking up a sheet and facing into the wind with it, if it'd been behind him he could have let go. 

All good fun, my other job is health and safety at work advisor ;)