Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Let's talk Bore holes...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
How do you get one..is it only one or lots?
How much do they cost?
How does water get from the bore hole, to other places on your land?
Can any piece of land get one?
Is it then a free supply?
Thank you!

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

http://www.boreholed...k/well-drilling

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Depends on the geology of your land as to how much it will cost but
£3 - 6 k will cover it usually
You can put a tank in the highest point on your farm then let it gravity feed down to all your troughs etc
You can use float switches to turn on or off or a timer
Any piece of land can get one if its there and your 500m away from another one or a well etc be it on your land or a neighbours
It is a free supply to a limit then You have to pay per Cu m but it's a lot before you have to pay
It's to stop people irrigating land and affecting others
If your where I think you are then water is not an issue

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Cheers! That's given me a bit more info, I just didn't have any idea of where to get info from.

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

20 cubic meters a day ... that is a huge amount!

http://aquasourceltd.co.uk/

Eve

Eve

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Does anyone know that with a bore hole would you need pp for the pump/bowser needed above ground? Xx

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Extremely unlikely. Simply agricultural equipment, necessary for your 'agricultural enterprise'. (just do it)...

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Depends what route you are taking F2F/ 3 yrs temp or CL to ruin
If you need a permanent structure to house the pump etc then in theory you need PP
or they could use it against you , it does sound petty but once you start kicking hornets they get angry and attack for no real reason

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Until you asked the question, I hadn't really considered planning requirements. The pump I was looking at was housed within the hole itself. Not sure what else you'd need a build a housing for. You don't need planning to have a borehole. 

Eve

Eve

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
To be fair, I don't really know what I'm talking about, I just had a brief conversation with a boring company and they said I'd need a pumping station and bowser above ground, I've looked no further into it than that... Waiting to get our quote from Anglian water and some moving companies (we have to go under a canal!). Xx

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Moving companies?

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire

That's the way I was looking at it. (Not needing permission for a borehole).  It would in my opinion, be very silly to need PP for equipment of  non-PP apparatus..

Eve

Eve

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Moving companies?

Lol! Bloody auto correct! Moling not moving companies (Just had the first quote back... Over 10k to directionally mole 120m under the canal ) xx