Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Consultation?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
We are at the 'business' planning stage here at home.

We want to hand in our 'simplified' barn and polly tunnel design on the one 28 day notice application.

The questions are, do we use a consultant? Or go it alone. How much do they cost? Any recommendations for S Wales?

Without a planning consultant what is the best way to proceed? I do not yet need a road way for my vehicles yet as they are big balloon tires type.

Some questions to follow for sure...

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

different councils seem to work in different ways, even with the same set of questions, 

as said in many threads, the barn needs to be simply for plant machinery, hay and straw storage along with animal feeds and medications, no more…the poly tunnel will need to be more than 25 or 50 mts from a classified road ( the form should tell you the correct distance) 

the biggest thing you need got cover is to be able to prove your business is established, this can be done without actually selling anything 1st...

planting an orchard, would show the business has started, started = established, as does having receipts in the name of the business/farm, 

when we sent in our  application, we added a small note on HEADED BUSINESS PAPER, naming the FARM…. to say , we hope you find everything you need and we are more than happy to meet on site..also by using headed note paper, this also showed the business had started

KEEP IT SIMPLE… no need to mention track….unless you need one

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Got it.

Reading though the former posts is a chore. Having read some post before and losing where it is is grating. I needed a clear head.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Best to see who others have used in your new area and use the best one, as it seems the council will take note of who you use
Unless of course they don't want you there full stop in which case they will just keep saying no and even not inform you of certain dates to try and trip you up !!!!!!
You may have a kind neighbour who will run sheep in there for a month at the appropriate time to help with your app
Are you not going to tell them what you are doing rather than begging ?

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
No, not begging, but i also understand the need for clarity above 'padding out' of a notice.

So you suggest i use a local chappy then? I would do that if it was the case I needed a consultant. But do I?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

your flapping…..you are building a farm, STOP FLAPPING… don't mean to sound harsh, but you really need to get a grip..you are building a farm business, you need a barn, you have the acreage, now tell them you need the barn, ……..a consultant will be good if you can't manage this bit….but!!!! in my honest opinion, you should be on top of this…just put the application in..if it gets refused, then look at a consultant….you are just expanding your business… 

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Got it!

I do flap!

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Learn not too…..you really need to take control, you make things very complicated for yourself….you worry about things that haven't happened yet, 

1….Download form, 

2….read form before filling in…take time to understand the form..question by question

3….if you have a writing programme on your pc..use this to fill out form, it will look neat and readable 

4…. print off finished form and send off

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
ta much.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners