Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SW water pump on my land

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Brydekirk

Brydekirk

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys, the land I'm buying has a disused Scottish water pump house and pipe running though the land.
Should I try to make them remove it or should I come up with a plan for personal use ?
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

cor, a building? Awesome, keep it! Lots of uses and potential!

Brydekirk

Brydekirk

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks, the pump house has a concrete roof which has seen better days. This will have to be removed. There are large steel cogs that are coming out of the floor but it would be worth it for a 4x2.5m building.

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

You could sell the cogs as scrap or as they are (as cogs) for those wishing to use them in a 'steampunk' design.  In both cases they take them at no cost to you.

Pipes also.  And They might run downhill to a place you could use?

Keep the roof.  There is a resin that can be poured to 'fix' the gaps and cracks.  Then just cover it in a roofing plastic (long lasting).

respectedponydriver

respectedponydriver

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Hi All Pony here,

Tom Bombadil can you tell me what the resin is called and where you get it,

Thank You

Pony

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Sorry. No. I just remembered that an old mate used to fix and mend concrete, council flat roofs (Rooves?) and he used a resin at times. It looks like you need to visit some builders web sites.

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
But saying that, the cover once the roof is dry (Summer) will keep water out and thus ice in winter pushing it apart.

ONLY IF THE ROOF IS DRIED OUT AND WONT FALL ON YOUR FOOT!!!

Brydekirk

Brydekirk

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

But saying that, the cover once the roof is dry (Summer) will keep water out and thus ice in winter pushing it apart.

ONLY IF THE ROOF IS DRIED OUT AND WONT FALL ON YOUR FOOT!!!

Brydekirk

Brydekirk

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks, I'll take some photos when I get up next week, there is also an old stone ruin on the other side of the stream but I'll need to do some research on that.
Cheers