Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best phone network coverage?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi there. Shortly moving to Holsworthy and wondering which phone network is best? I'll need 3G as I won't have wi-fi for a while unless I'm in a public place!
I'm currently on Orange which is usually EE and I have a pretty good signal when I'm there, however it's rubbish in other places such as Okehampton! Your advice / opinions welcome please.

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Hi, I cant advice on your mobile signal but I wondered if you have looked into local rural wifi Internet networks in your area, we have it here as we are way to far down the phone line to get anything. It is sent from farmhouse to farmhouse across the countryside and as long as you can see a dwelling that has it from your property you can latch on and have broadband.

bramblebasher

bramblebasher

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 509 posts

Someone here a while back was chatting about a deal that uses all the networks? I think it's called 'you want coverage, we got this.' Or something.

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

maybe get some free/cheap sims from each network and check? We have great signal from 3, poor from O2. Not tried anyone else.

shepherdscove

shepherdscove

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Cheers all. Have gone with orange/EE. Best deal for what I wanted and I know I can get a signal (just in a few places I can't but it would appear that all the networks fail somewhere!) . Must admit, I'd thought O2 would come out on top but not so!

Ronnie the pommy

Ronnie the pommy

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The important thing is that you've got a phone that works on the farm.