Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wey Bank discussion

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

wowsers! our was £900+

Are you on a road with a main, is it your side or the other side?

What does their quote comprise?

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

so they need a lane closure on a dual carriageway which is £1500, weve asked for 2 25mm mains but this only adds £700 total for the extra supply, 5mtrs of road dig and the licence fees and connection....

rip off

i am questioning as it appears the main passes a few feet on private land so we would simply need to expose the main and then they would charge 550 connection each connection, but they dont like this idea lol

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Just out of interest why 2 25mm mains? You'd be better off with one 50mm supply

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I hear that but the actual cost of the second . 25mm is only 530

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
So how much is 1 50mm main.... You will gain nothing by having 2 25mm's

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire
Congrats on your progress Tony. Just a thought, after reading of water supply doings...
Are there any companies available to you, who do horizontal boring (under width of road, using deepish hole either side).

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire
Further thought,,, as far as my memory serves me, it used to be known as thrust-boring using hydraulics & conical pointed ram, similar idea as drain rods.

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

cheers Chris, the main expense is simply its proximity to a major dual carriageway and the lane closure required, i kind of have a solution im working on, watch this space

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
When you say welfare unit??? Do you mean a static?

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
They will charge you a fortune for a road closure but then grundermat ( mole) under if there is no other cables etc under there
You will need a section 50 road closure , it sounds good but in reality it's signs and a couple of blokes in shiney jackets watching for the mole coming up in the road

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Welfare, static ;)
So we have had an absolute result with the water, nil payment, water on, found a disused main on my field, upgraded and put in to our name, bingo

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The caravan dimensions in your pdf have been updated to 65' 7" x 22' 4"  with recent legislation.

Sorry to hear about the alpaca.

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

thanks boiow i just copied one of the letters on here but it du=id the trick and ours is only 36 x 20 so i guess it didnt effect ours

might be worth a section on here for standard letter responses which are constantly updated

admin?

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Down day
Fly strike affecting 1 of the Alpaca Cria, dettol and iodine and sudacream tomorrow....
And the fergie now running pops the PTO shaft...could take a sledge to it
On a positive 17 eggs today.

I've found our tractor to be a veritable money pit, but bloody handy!

Paid £1500 but put about £800 into it in the first 6 weeks

We're at about 17 eggs too, how many hens do you have?

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Hi Greenbeast, 25 ex commercial hybrid hens

1947 tractor bound to have a few issues

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

We had an address already, but when our original barn application went in the land was described as 'Land adj ***** Farm' - as a result of this the Council created a UPRN (unique property reference number that was given the address 'Land adj **** Farm' - we then called the address chap at the Council and asked for it to be renamed to our new farm name.  I presume if you have a planning application they will have described the land in some way, Field OS**** or Land at ***** and it will have a unique property number - it only took a phone call from us to the Council, asked who issues property numbers and names for new properties, brief conversation, form faxed back and forth and then we were renamed from 'land adj' to our new farm farm.  Royal Mail is then updated and in due course the property appeared in those auto filling forms online etc.

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Simple just phoned up told them my barn app number and said there was a farm office in the barn
Post code sorted and a letter to advise that all necessary services had been informed

You really don't need letters from solicitors to CEO etc that will just dent the profit from your cash input bunny business :-)

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

Tony

no email, letter recorded to CEO with notice. imagine calling emergency services in the middle of the night and telling them "iam in a field". Don't forget the emergency vet on call never been to your farm , will they find it in the dark!!!

i will pm  over my letter, a few years old but worked for me with council & PO

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Our councils SNN (Street naming and numbering) department were fine with our place and we have no buildings. I explained it was to be a pig farm and he only said Royal Mail won't register an address without a mail box. He already notified all the usual council /government departments and Once I confirmed that I'd put up a mail box, he notified RM

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Same as greanbeast - just a phone call, an acknowledging letter saying put up a post box

They tell all the emergency services and Post office. Ou address now appears on databases when we say our post code.

The enforcement officer did query our post box the other day... Di almost fell over laughing - just said 'you lot told me to put it up'.