Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Splitting land

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I may have the opportunity to buy some land soon, it's being sold as one lot currently but the vendor could possibly be willing to split the piece I can't afford if I was to pay the cost incurred in doing this..... Any ideas how much this may cost and how it's done.... Neither myself or the vendor have been involved in doing it before and neither of us want to be ripped off by a solicitor if it's something we can just pay land registry to do

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

My feeling is your solicitor will register your bit. The remainder will remain registered to the seller.

Considering that, the cost for your bit will remain the same as normal.

There will be an additional cost for the seller.

I've been out of that loop for a long time, but I suspect the cost for the seller will be low - less than £100.

Unless there is something I don't know about... and that is possible. But it certainly won't be more than a few £100 worst case.

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Our parcel was part of a bigger holding, admittedly he wasn't selling the rest at the time, but it's just a case of land registry charges (they'll need a marked plan/map but the solicitors sorted all that once both parties had agreed on where the boundaries were

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Ok great thanks for that guys.... Things have changed again since I posted that, basically I have found some land I want and the owner was thinking of splitting it for the bit I could afford and they would then sell the remainder on at later date.... They asked if I would contribute towards the cost if splitting it as they were only doing it for my purpose..... Since then tho a family member has offered to stump up the money for the bit we couldn't afford meaning we could buy the whole lot......... In return they would just like the money for the hay that gets cut from it each year!!

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

this is sounding good Ben…fingers crossed for you mate…exciting times a head

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Hopefully mate..... Il be making an initial offer on the ground on Monday and then proceed from there..... I've been told by several people there very keen to get sold so il be offering low

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

just offer what you think its worth, are there services near by such as water electric etc etc 

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Il pm you mate