Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nellys & Lillys Endeavour

Starting sratch new Blank Canvas With Nothing What now peace dream

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Ok.... What was that song group? You know, the one that reminds us all of Wales at the moment?

Oh yeah! WET WET WET!

Just got back from the most drizzle-iest, rainiest, nastiest, windiest few weeks on the farm that I thought possible.

First week of my two weeks off of work was kinda wasted due to the normal stuff in life. Kids, schools, friends etc.
So when the second week came I was eager to trot off to the farm to do some work.

We got there in the wettest of days, after an initial lull in the downpours (remember those floods in north Wales and Cumbria? We were lucky that our farm was just a little too south) and the strong winds, we set to work clearing out the drainage that had not been seen to in at least two or three years. The pipe is 12 ins across and not 8 as I said before. We found a spring in the meantime, and that pleased us no end. It might just be a surface spring but for us thats cool.

If I had not said before, we discovered that we owned a well in the top field.
When we first paid for the land we got to see the plans and the land up close, and we saw that we owned another acre or so (see earlier post), but this time, when we got the diffinetive plans from land reg. we saw that we owned a well drawn up on their plans of our land, so we looked closer at this well and in these wet wet wet times (did I say it was raining?) and when we got there It was full to the brim.
It seems to consist of (from top down) a cement 4 foot tall and six foot across tube, like the ones that slot together under a road. In the summer the bottom was a puddle, but in these wet times, it filled with water (not rain water) and was pouring over the sides. We had seen it before then but I had assumed that the neighbour used it with his water supply as there was a water pipe from the Water Board that went into it from his side and to him it was just a trough, but when we moved in he just stopped using it. In fact, I think he was pumping from it! Not a problem. I can share when it is set up proper.

Our top field is still lower than my neighbours so the water is coming from there at least if all I think is not true!
In the summer I will explore it and cap and pump it if I can.

This is good news and a gift from the heavens.

Back to the mud. Did I mention it was wet?
The first week was not glamorous, but we did get help on one day from a friend. While the water crashed around my feet, I used the hoe to dig and direct the flow. We cut back another length of hedging and collected mud on our clothes.

It didnt bother the sheep that we let roam our farm. And the occasional times that the pigs visited, showed us how to have fun in the rain. It was not cold.

Both batts failed in the caravan, so there was nothing for it but to buy a cheap genny.
We settled on a model with 2500kw that has 18hrs of tick-over with its huge tank. Its all we need for now, and will supplement our wind turbine on wash days in the future. Its use gave us a lesson in noisy neighbours, but this time it US! I will dampen it somehow.

The rain, and the wind has turned our surroundings in to mud and puddles. Off from the caravan, onto the floor, and onto the newly trodden path. Mud city baby!
So we also dug drainage from the caravan too!

It was all too much for the wife, and we went to get some stones at the shops and a grill to hold it together, and along with a weed barrier I made a simple hard standing just outside the caravan door and under the awning. I admit that I thought it a stupid idea at the time, but without the mud and this 'barrier', the days were better. We could strip off in relative comfort now. And it only took a day or two to do.

It was time to go home after one week. So made the choice to bunk off work. For one week more...

The second week was more of the same, but we slowed down a bit. I was p!ssed off with the mud, and bit her head off a few times. And in the warm evening, by the pile of wet clothes and soooooo many socks and while eating a good meal, we agreed that we should leave.

To-ing and fro-ing up and down the hill to the farm made us see that there would be issues soon with its surface as it was getting bumpier and dippier. The other farmers use it in their 4x4s and are not gentle with it.

We sodded off and stayed at a friends for the last night, barely covering up the caravan in the pitch dark.

By coincidence we were able to return the next weekend. We re-covered the cover to the caravan as it was almost off! It was as well we did return.

But before that we planted six cherry trees from our fine collection of Lydl bucket trees. They look the part. They add decorum to the ridge in the top field.

Before we left the week before, I had taken some anger out on the hole that was the spring by bashing it a bit and trying to block it off. My thoughts were simple. On our next return, if it was still blocked then it was not a spring. If it was flowing close by, then it was a spring.

Its a spring! and was gushing toboot! Surface or not, it will give us water some quater of a kilometer away from the well and save lots of pipe.
But like in Star Wars, this was "not the spring that we were looking for"! There is still another, over 'there', near the top of the quarry!

I left the place still wet through, but happier that we left in the daytime this time. We had another night at our friends again and went back to the big smelly looking like farmers on a day off!

I think that that is a good thing.

Moving on...

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
How's things going in Wales Tom?

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

How's things going in Wales Tom?

I quit it! Too much hassle. I have sold the plot, well soon to go through, and will be doing something else.

After wasting my time on the Field to Farm mantra and getting nowhere, I have turned to the other methods. You know, the ones that were banned but ultimately work! Working with a bunch of self-righteous council office dwellers, I have reluctantly realised I was right all along and those that work for the councils of the UK do NOT know their roles.

Don't get me wrong as the book has taught me much, but it is passed its sell by date so to speak. The rules and goal posts have moved again by councils that are overbearing and unaccountable but to themselves.

These same individuals that act under the cloak of 'council' dont help when asked, as is their job. They outwardly strive to thwart your actions, rather than assist in your rights. And to cap it all, the average Jo goes around thinking this is the way it SHOULD be!

So, I am doing it different. After taking some of the council to task and ultimately court , and gaing satisfaction, but still getting nowhere, I am beat!

I still see everyone here, bless you all, jumping through hoops, running around in circles, and generaly on the constant WORRY-WAGON as you (we) try and achieve what we have the right to do. Don't worry, I am not talking Freemanery here, just everyday rights.

So. Its been a pleasure. I am not signing off. I am just watching, as the new rules are posted on this site, it will be interesting to watch....and partake.

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
I just realised, as I read through my old posts that they look silly and disjointed when a former post by another member has been removed! Even the times I quote them!

I am gonna change this...give me five mins...

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Nope! I am on my tablet. I was gonna copy it all on to one page and re-post it but it dont work that way on my unit!

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire
Good luck Tom. Power to yer elbow.

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Another to fall at the axe of ' NO HARM TO ANY MAN'

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Another to fall at the axe of ' NO HARM TO ANY MAN'

You said "Another to fall at the axe of 'NO HARM TO ANY MAN' "! And by that I take it to mean that you believe that the freemanery way is the way I am going! Not in this case!

People confuse the 'freeman on the land' ideals with basic law and knowing the law. Freemen have moved on.

It is clear to me that certain sites will 'gatekeep' under the guise of truth and system use. Freemaning is just the same but from a different perspective. I am frequenting more than these pages and I see that there are lots of 'direction pointing ' sites, and lots of law based sites, and lots of freeman sites.

I am not going down that route. I have had success in simple questioning and fact finding. I have seen that the planners are a law unto themselves and taken them to task on it. They backed down. The only reason was that they were acting under their own guide lines and not as it is written under law. Knowing their limits is the key.

When I have the time I will take those same men to court and 'do them one'. They messed with me , so I will punish them. Not just planners of course but every single official that sent me down the wrong paths.

Just threats eh? Maybe.

I laugh at the no harm to any man ideal! Harm me and I harm back! They did, I retaliated under law, I won, they backed off rather than go to full court. Still a win.

Not freeman sunnysouthdevon. Just me putting those liars and cheats in their places.

Grrrr! Rant over?

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Good luck with it....... Cya on the news 😉

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Good luck with it....... Cya on the news 😉

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Good luck with it....... Cya on the news

Are you suggesting that they always get away with it? They being the planners and it being the choices we try to make!

It won't make the news, and that is why they still try and get away with it!

We don't see all the challenges and successful cases because its not in their best interests.

Anyway, its not them and us (or me) but rather its just me with them trying their best to stop me. If anyone thinks that this is the way it is, you are with me . They get and have got away with too much without challenges that we know.

Running around in circles is NOT the way it is supposed to be. Thats why the red book was made, is it not? Getting the upper hand. Well, as I said before, the red book has lost its upper hand. So its time to re-write, so to speak.

Its odd why folk here might think I will fail (I took your remark to link me to the guy with the forty foot straw bales ) when all of the regulations are for me rather than against.. I am not going in without the same laws that you might be using, unless one is suggesting that its a law for one and not a law for all!

Nuff said.

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Not suggesting anything..... If your going to stand up and be the person who shames the council then I expect il cya on the news, good luck with it

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
nah. they will hide again. Its what criminals do.

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I think that's were your wrong Tom.... How many good criminals are you aware of that have gone into hiding after committing an offence?

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
no such thing as a good criminal.

crimes are made by individuals on individuals!

What your point? Where did 'good' derive in your sentence?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Starting, sratch, new, Blank Canvas, With Nothing, What now, peace, dream