Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

land division

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

vandamiam

vandamiam

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
There is locally some nearly 29 hectares available to buy. Generally south facing with two road frontages , one major and one minor. Would it be feasible or practicable to divide it up for resale in 5 hectare farmlett blocks, as the are of land at the moment would be too big for me. All this with an eye on being able to bring together a small group of eco living self sustaining farmers. What wouldyour thoughts on this be. Or do you think the planners would have a heart attack at possible 5 farmletts starting.

Guest_Dave_*

Guest_Dave_*
  • Guests
Hi the planners would have a fit if you carried out your scheme with the land, however from a planning point of view there is nothing to stop you it is quite feasible.

vandamiam

vandamiam

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes i thought it might be the case but if its sort of legally feasible then, rules is rules. I will have to do a lot of research first though, plus find some interested parties.

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Great idea cheaper land,shared utility connection costs, machinery and skill sharing as well as the possibility of a joint retail venture.  Sadly we are a long way from Scotland here in Shropshire but perhaps this thread might bring like minded people together.  Good look and keep us all informed.

vandamiam

vandamiam

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh well Speed is always the key and that land is under offer. However one door shuts and another opens. 33 acres with a bothy and planning for a dwelling for a mere �175k I however cant afford that but have already asked if the seller would be interested in selling um er :5 HECTARES:. The land has great views over St Andrews Bay and right on top of a hill so much windyness for a windmill. Cant wait for a reply.
P.S anybody that can afford it let me know so long  as you agree to let me get 5 hectares by sale or lease.