Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

advice re stationary horselorry

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

joe32

joe32

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi.have owned 7acres agricultural land for 7 years and use my lorry as somewhere to have a cuppa when I am working on land and to stay at one weekend a month which I believe I am entitled to.the lorry has been static for this time.have had enforcement. Officer round who says they will apply for removal of lorry as it is no longer mobile.she has sneaked onto my property and scared me half to death on two occasions.any advice on my rights?

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos
I am sure someone with more experience will come along soon, but I would have thought this is ancillary to the use of the field and they can take a run and jump!!!!

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Totally incorrect you can not be told to remove a lorry from your own ground contact her ask for her details and name of head of planning and tell her you are going to make an official complaint about her.alternatively ask for relevant legislation to back up her claims.

Ask what she means by apply for removal of lorry exactly what is the legislation she is talking about.

bramblebasher

bramblebasher

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 509 posts

You will find the relevant legislation listed in the 'legislation' part of this forum, quote this to them and ask them why they believe this legislation does not apply to you. Keep it simple, number you points and don't mention anything other than the specific subject to which they refer.

They will most likely hang themselves if you give them the rope, post back if they try bologne ;)

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

A shipping container is mobile but needs a crane.  Likewise your lorry is mobile with a tow.

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

totally agree with the above comments…… why do we get such idiots employed to run OUR LOCAL councils…. wouldn't you just love to turn the table sometimes

joe32

joe32

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Yes I would!

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Debs

Debs

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHerts / Bucks Border

The more I read on this forum the more I realise that this country is run by idiots  and you can't talk to stupid !!!  Watched a fantastic 2 hour Youtube vid made by Robert Menard last night fascinating - well worth a watch when there is nothing else on TV!!

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

my biggest concern with this type of story,  is animal welfare on the grounds of decease control, these officers could be going from farm to farm spreading all sorts, 

entry on to your land should be notified to you