Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rabitts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I have not been able to see any topics on Rabitts for functional need and financial test, im betting they are here but ive been reading pretty much non stop for 6 days now refreshing..

If we free range (to a point) rabitts for meat production and fur, are there any examples of how many would be needed, and what the problems with planners might be

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
I would say you are a first pm here , there was a mention of a successfully app on here the other day and it can be done with rabbits , expect the planners would be hopping mad when you put in the app for a dwelling !!!

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Dont know whether it would warren    t living there

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

haha, dont give up the day jobs shepie and groundhog, possibly avoid talking to the animals for a week or so :)

Ive done a bit more research on the rabbits since posting and honestly can see not 1 down side.... i will come back and post when it starts to develop

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset
Free range rabbits? Hmmm, wont they burrow out, get diseased from wild rabbits, drown when it floods. Have you a market for the meat?

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Morning tim,

The breed raised for meat are not so much in to digging, i dont no the reasons why but its the case, even free range has fences! so the wild ones shouldnt be an issue and as with all animals theres a chance of disease...flooding, well yes this could be a problem but we believe we have a soloution to this..

the market for the meat is quite large or should i say the demand and the supply still quite low, like all products we will have to make sure we market it but i am really confident we can sell any good meat product oh and the fur