Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where to buy?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

muddywinter1

muddywinter1

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi My husband leaves the army in 2 years and then we can start living or dream.

We have family in Evesham in Worcestershire who I want to be closer to, currently we live in Suffolk. 

My question is where should we buy our land?

Does anyone have any personal experience with planning and useing field to farm in Worcestershire/ Somerset or Hereford? or in south east Wales? Does one look more favourably on you then another?

Also would love to hear how anyone has got on if they have had to buy their 12 acres over two sites. seems to be loads available at 6 or 8 acres. wondering how hard will it be to rent or buy a further section of land close enough to the main site to make it work.

Thanks in advance for  advice.

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

i would say, you will look and look and then one day, that field will hit you with the right feeling….do as much research about the area and the potential for your new business, 

good luck with you search…