Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Address registration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Daisy Dell

Daisy Dell

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've taken the plunge! I have read many of the posts, and enjoyed this little escape, reading peoples stories and taking great encouragement from the replies and responses. Thank you to all that contribute, it's very informative.

So, this is my quandary. My husband & I bought a 40 acre piece of agricultural land & using the F2F book to guide us, we satisfied all the criteria for putting in a 28 notice and received 'approved consent'(pd) to build a 182 m2(1500 square feet) agricultural barn.

We have recently positioned a mobile on site and have since made an enquiry (by phone) to register the address. We were told by the Planning Officer (it was he who dealt with the 28 day notice application) that he will not register the address as he insisted that it would take no more than two weeks to erect that size building, therefore it does not justify address status. He then suggested we seek legal advice.

Where do we stand? Please advise what we should say and to respond to him, before solicitors and costs are involved. 

Daisy Dell

respectedponydriver

respectedponydriver

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Hi Daisy Dell,

I dont think it is anything to do with the planning,just put a post box outside and chat to your postman and tell him then send yourself some letters.Hopefully you will get them,find out your nearest neighbours post code and use that.That is what my friend did and it worked.Good luck.

Remember the planners nearly always tell fibs,dont believe anything they say.

littleacorn

littleacorn

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

You get in touch with the street numbering and naming department of the local council and tell them you have started an agricultural business on a piece of land.  You have fixed a postbox to the gate and the business is called ..(the name of your farm).....  you would be grateful if they would issue an address to Royal Mail which will then allow people to make deliveries for your business and for you to receive mail addressed to the business address.  If there are some properties very nearby quote their postcode then you could be added to that list of properties if not they will have to allocate you a postcode. They may try to say no but insist that you will be having deliveries and they will need a proper address to find you.  Good luck.

respectedponydriver

respectedponydriver

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Sorry forgot to say about the going to the main sorting p/o.I am pretty sure my friend didnt go to the local council,still maybe wrong.Good luck.

bushcraft

bushcraft

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationN/E

Call the post office main depot, get the form & fill it in. forget the pen pushing waste of space planners , they will do anything to hold you back with there nonsence !

Its better to have & not need .....Than to need & not have :)