Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

side line income???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

samhowarth

samhowarth

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

hi newbie here,

Just read f2f book and very interested in following plan. In the book it talks about doing side line things alongside your main animal enterprise like, selling Christmas trees, Christmas turkeys and running caravan and camping site. 

I am very interested in running a luxury campsite with yurts and tipi's and that kind of thing and for me this would be of greater interest. The agricultural part although still of great interest would be more of a means to gain planning permission for a dwelling. My question is this. Can my 'sidelines' i.e. the campsite bring in a greater return/income than the main agricultural enterprise. i.e. could say 60% of my income be from the campsite and 40% from the farm. Or would it have to be more in favor of the farm to satisfy planning? 

Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. sam