Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

regions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dudman

dudman

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationwest midlands
Hi

Would anyone think it would be useful to have a regional sections so people can introduce each other by there area they wish to move into /start there project , then like minded others could contact ,share and help & support  each other on there quest , or even some sort of regional co-op of combined skill sets

Regards
Ray

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Hi Ray there is a section in your profile to put location and i also started a post in general for this reason , where are you ?
Shepie (Devon)

dudman

dudman

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationwest midlands
i am based near shropshire

regrads
ray

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi,

I don't mind adding a regional category and then a few boards so people can post for local contact. Things like exchanges of services or advice.

How granular would this need to be in order to be useful? Would high level regions like South West, South and Southeast, Wales, Midlands and the North be useful? I'm guessing if we had those high level ones we could mandate the use of [County Name] in the post subject line so people could easily see who has posted that lives near them.

These are just ideas, I really have no clue about most of this stuff. I'm just here to do what I'm told with the website :)

Thanks,

Steve

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
Hi Dudman interested in your train of thought please feel free to send a message or email I am based in Shropshire Dave C

dudman

dudman

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationwest midlands

Hi,

I don't mind adding a regional category and then a few boards so people can post for local contact. Things like exchanges of services or advice.

How granular would this need to be in order to be useful? Would high level regions like South West, South and Southeast, Wales, Midlands and the North be useful? I'm guessing if we had those high level ones we could mandate the use of [County Name] in the post subject line so people could easily see who has posted that lives near them.

These are just ideas, I really have no clue about most of this stuff. I'm just here to do what I'm told with the website :)

Thanks,

steve

splitting the areas i think would be very usfull .personaly i would like to see it county by county. but also could be region I.E west mids with sub sections per county within it .

the only draw back i can see is that it may take usfull info from main board .so does one repeat stuff on to main board as well or admin help with links from thread to main board main board for usfull threads ?

hmm this could be a tricky one :(

regards
ray

Steve

Regards
Ray
west Midlands