Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Business/residential electric tariff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

littleacorn

littleacorn

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

For those of you with mains electric to your land - do you pay commercial rates or residential rates for your electric?

We have received our electricity price plan renewal and  we are on a business tarriff which is a horrendous price - almost double the domestic rates I can find on comparison sites - which as we have not built our barn yet, 90% at least of the electric is residential supply to our caravan.

I have tried to find comparisons for business electric tariffs (or even going on individual company websites) but no prices are published!  Not sure how you can compare - does anyone know?

When we had the electric connected we were not living on site so it was classed as business - should I be contacting them to say it is mixed?

Grateful for any help.

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
We are living in our mobile home on our land, running our pig business and we use ordinary domestic tariffs. We have had no problems with the electric company saying we must use business tariffs, so I think you need to change asap. KChally

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I would phone them up say you are living on site and there will be no buisiness on site and all work/animals on site is for leisure on a tiny scale. Stick to your guns

SB